• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Slipstreaming SP1 into windows 7 performance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Neuromancer

Hey all been a while.

Lot has changed in my life, including the fact that I finally bought a laptop after a decade of saying "they are not worth it" :) ($150 lenovo B570 with core i3 is worth it)

So I am reinstalling the OEM version of home premium and just realized it did not have Service Pack 1 integrated into the install disc. (actually I put it on USB so Stick for you grammar correctors :) )

I know that with XP slipstreaming the service pack had an affect on performance for the positive, I was curious if the same was true for windows 7. I did not jump to 7 till SP1 and had it slipstreamed on my installation disc already.

A google search was not helpful (I have not evolved with google apparently and my search results are getting less and less exact) to see if the testing was already done.

If anyone knows de facto if there is a performance difference I will slipstream and reinstall.

(I am installing SP1 manually before any other updates are done).

thanks!

Well slipstreaming will just make initial install faster. Simply install the Service Pack either through Windows Update or if you already have it, just run it, no need for a complete reinstall.

Post SP install there will be files and folders you can delete safely.

Back