• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Slk-900 for 49 buck. Is it worth to get one?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
it is true the mobo does only need to be removed for initial install thats what the levers on the side are for they are to catch the mounting plate whaich is first mounted to the mobo and they lock the hsf down on the mobo I personally went with the MCX462+T because I wanted supercooling and I got it I run at 13c 1.9v load now that I got the proper power supply and this thing is so simple to put on and off you don't have to worry about the stress on the socket lugs either because there only made to really hold a stock size heatsink thats why the slk800 uses all three. I think its way to much for the socket and has to apply somewhat uneven pressure on the cpu die not to mention the socket.

Slyx said:
It depends on what you want. Me personally, wanted the 4 mounting holes. I don't remove my HS all that often and prefer the extra stability of the holes. If you don't care if it is 4 hole or not get the cheaper one.

I personally have an SLK-800 and it awsome, The only reason I would get this is if I really wanted the 4-hole mount, which is good for the core and the socket lugs.

Back