• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Slow Amber problem on Duron 1.6....???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RoadWarrior

Hi guys,

Been looking around for amber times and I think my Duron 1.6 is doing them too slowly. on P586 it's taking 46 minutes per half frame (50 frame unit) I've got the F@H 4 graphical client running. with -advmethods -forceasm -forceSSE nothing else should be hogging CPU time. Pandegroup says they should perform about like tinkers but this rig does about 900ppw on tinkers and half that on amber so something's not right. Tested my CPU usage which is running at 100% but oddly it doesn't seem to be getting very warm, it's at 32C and was running at about 36C when doing tinkers.

Any ideas?

thanks,

Road Warrior

Remove old cores and try again. Maybe core revisions have been updated but your client still has old ones. Ambers are not as efficient as tinkers but they shoudn't be that slow.

I'm guessing that's a win98 box? Get rid of -forceasm. You'd only need -forceSSE for a 4.0 client.

Last edited:
Hmmm this is the core I've got.....

[23:17:44] Folding@Home PMD Core
[23:17:44] Version 1.01 (Oct 15, 2004)
[23:17:44]

Looks oldish, but the Duron rig only DLed it a few days ago...

Just checked another rig XP1700 tbred, it's running the version 4 console and only getting about 44 mins a half frame. Same core version also downloaded not many days ago.

These are all win98SE boxes.

btw I think the swear filter might pass on censoring the sassy use of *** because it would lasso and assassinate a great mass of assembled phrases that we use regularly and would harrass the impassioned assaying of issues that involve passwords, or assembly language. It would be hard to remain impassive to such an assault on the assets of our lexicon. I assure you that assuming that assent for removing *** was forthcoming, and it was assigned as a swearword, there would be many assorted people who would assert a strong opinion on the assailing of their right of free speech :D

As asstounding as that is, "***" by itself could not be blocked? Could they enter " *** " in the filter? Alass I think you made an asstonishing error...there are no rights on this forum.

There are no rights on these forums, just the privileges we allow you.

I've never heard of that core, perhaps updating your client will help.

lol, I fixed the dang typo

For win95/98 and winME the 4.0 client is the newest one you can use. And the amber cores are fairly recent, but nobody's very excited since they're not worth a whole lot of PPD.... :rolleyes:

Back