• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Smart watch question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rigger2k16

Registered
I'm thinking about buying a SmartWatch from one of those Chinese vendors... None of them have expandable memory... so my question is, which is more important in a smart watch... More RAM or more ROM?

By the way, the Smart Watch I'm looking at is about $50, so if there's a better option that's around the same price or just a little bit more, please mention it

Sorry I don't have any experience with, or know anyone with, smart watches.

It all depends on what you're trying to do with it. Unless you're looking to use it as a MP3 player, I have found that storage space is not very important. (I have the original Galaxy Gear.)

I have the Apple Watch. It has 8 GB of user storage, the apps are very minimal in size (most just a few kilobytes) but it can mirror pictures and music from your iPhone. Because it has the ability to operate like an iPod just to play music by itself with no phone required, and can sync to bluetooth headphones, if a user wants to load their entire library the storage space could fill quickly. I've found for a good workout mix, which is when I'd use the watch by itself, 8 GB is plenty for now.

Back