• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So i just took a screenshot from overclockers.com

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sjaak said:
What is a pet peev???
your own personal favorite thing to dislike, or hate on.
i personally LIKE HEARING a local radio station where i'm at
when they say: "don't sweat the petty things"
"DO pet the sweaty things"

Spade said:
your own personal favorite thing to dislike, or hate on.
i personally LIKE HEARING a local radio station where i'm at
when they say: "don't sweat the petty things"
"DO pet the sweaty things"

How about when people change lanes on the freeway without signalling? ;) Things like that.

Thanks :thup: I saw the term once before (in a comic called 'bunny' :D ) and i ha absolutely no idea what the clou was.

I use the adblock extension in firefox - nice thing about it is the listing of all adblockable elements. I like how you can very easily do real-time blocking of gif and flash ads across entire domains if necessary. I see very few ads now because most of the common adservers are blocked. Less bandwidth/processor usage/mental frustration...

You have also helped webmasters go bankrupt :p
As a webmaster myself, I think ads are great, as long as their used correctelly. Some well placed AdSense text ads are enough, you don't need huge flashing banner signs that have nothing to do with the webpage.

cV said:
I use the adblock extension in firefox - nice thing about it is the listing of all adblockable elements. I like how you can very easily do real-time blocking of gif and flash ads across entire domains if necessary. I see very few ads now because most of the common adservers are blocked. Less bandwidth/processor usage/mental frustration...

I used that until I found out it was blocking images that I wanted to see from many websites, such as cars.com. It was nice, but I can ignore the ads I don't like so I can see the images I want. Norton Internet security also blocks many ads, so its not really that bad with adblock gone. :)

I like the text based Google ads that NikSub used on Anonforums.com.
Nice and unobtrusive, so I actually click on them...plus I don't have to wait for them to load on my dialup. ;)

ill add that that ad might be one of the ads that is added to the adaware list if i can remeber because i forgot to add that i have a.d.d. :p

Back