• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So what happened to the fatal1ty killer?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bob4933

I dont see it for sale anywhere now?! Its on ebay for 240$, which totally defeats the purpose of that board imo. Anyone have any good information? I got mine from newegg for 130$, but its been out of stock for ages lol

I froogled it and came up with..........

https://www.google.com/shopping/pro...ne&ei=PD0fU-qXHMSEygG3uoDAAg&ved=0CJkBENkrMAM

I see two choices around $140...

click the links lol...

Maybe there's some legal wrangle in the States. This turns up for Newegg.ca http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157479&Tpk=N82E16813157479

Even that is strange. Its 40$ MORE than what I payed for it new. I wonder if they stopped making it.

One of the $14x ones goes to a French site (but I'm guessing you don't live there...)

And the other looks fine to me...

You're right, its the Professional, which is better.

Which isnt the point xD, that said 140 for a pro is a GREAT Deal, :shock:

LOL, hahaha, oops... my fault. Damn Froogle.

haha figured as much. xD Im just not seeing it for sale anywhere now, which is really strange. The pro being 140$ pretty much sums it up that the killer is... dead perhaps? Maybe they did a run, had poor sales and cut it? I dunno, just speculating.

Funny... When I got my Extreme9, I was looking for that, and NewEgg listed it as discontinued.

Depending on what you needed to do as in game first and overclock as an afterthought...if OC was it you likely made the better buy. At least we decided that earlier after he did a mini-review on the board and now after awhile there are other reviews out on the board.
RGone...

I'm replacing the NB heatsink on the killer and if that doesn't fix my high socket temps it'll be the next component to be replaced. Which might be ok if eBay can get me close what I paid. I'll have to wait for it to go out of stock again.

Looking at the Northbridge heatsink there are two off set screws holding it down. I can't seem to find heatsinks with this configuration. Are there any known heatsinks that will work with this board? Are all Northbridge heatsinks the same?

I'm replacing the NB heatsink on the killer and if that doesn't fix my high socket temps it'll be the next component to be replaced. Which might be ok if eBay can get me close what I paid. I'll have to wait for it to go out of stock again.

Looking at the Northbridge heatsink there are two off set screws holding it down. I can't seem to find heatsinks with this configuration. Are there any known heatsinks that will work with this board? Are all Northbridge heatsinks the same?
Doner, you may be better off putting a fan on the heatsinks then replacing them. You can also put a fan on the backside of the motherboard either mounted directly to it using double sided tape or on the right side case panel. This will usually help drop the socket temps.

Doner, you may be better off putting a fan on the heatsinks then replacing them. You can also put a fan on the backside of the motherboard either mounted directly to it using double sided tape or on the right side case panel. This will usually help drop the socket temps.

I installed some new 140mm fans and a 50mm fan per Johan45s recommendation and only got the throttling to stop. The temp hovers very close to 70C though during benchmark which is a 30 degree delta from Core temp.

The board has no Northbridge temp but touching the heatsink its easily the hottest heatsink in my case and its close proximity to the socket must be affecting it. I've seen several other threads where lowering the NB temp decreased CPU temp, though there were a lot of people who said it was impossible but didn't take into account the relative closeness of the two components. There is no way the heat won't spread to the CPU socket.

Edit: Touching the backside of the board the top of the CPU socket (farthest from NB) is cooler than the bottom, and there is only two inches from top to bottom. The heat is spreading pretty uniformly from the NB heatsink. I know my touch isn't a very accurate reading, but if I can "feel" it then the heat is substantial. And of course I was classically trained in the Navy to touch condensers and provide feedback Lmao!

Last edited:
NB shouldn't have much, if anything to do with socket temps...? It may drop temps by a couple degrees at most, but they are a couple inches apart and two completely different sources of heat.

NB shouldn't have much, if anything to do with socket temps...? It may drop temps by a couple degrees at most, but they are a couple inches apart and two completely different sources of heat.

The center of the NB heatsink to CPU center is two inches. I'm pretty sure 160+ degrees F can travel through a non thermally insulated medium past two inches.

You would be surprised how little it will matter... please do not let me stop you. A couple of C is a couple of C! :)

You would be surprised how little it will matter... please do not let me stop you. A couple of C is a couple of C! :)

If its a waste of my time though its still a waste. I'm sure your experience is is greater than mine, which is why I'm asking these questions. Looks like its off to replace the Mobo then ;(.

Back