• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So where would you buy your Mobile Barton?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

james__bean

Registered
I bought my regular 2500 right when they came out with a 1.04 Asus A7N8X-DX. I haven't been able to get a stable FSB over 195 and I was going to just wait for a good overclocking A64 chip to come out before upgrading. Then I found a Leadtek Nforce 2 Deluxe Limited motherboard over the weekend for $65 refurbished. I've been wanting this motherboard for months since I hear it's a great overclocker and it has some cool features that I like. (2.0 CPU Voltage, adjustable chipset voltage, optical sound output, heatsinks on the mosfets, black PCB, etc.) Anyways, I've decided to go ahead and sell my current cpu/mobo and pick up a mobile barton. My real concern is if I should buy from newegg or maybe buy a guaranteed IQYHA stepping from excaliberPC. This is the chip they are selling right now. In the last few days I've read some unpleasent things about the AQYHA stepping from a few members here. I know this is all speculation but what would you do in my situation?

I bought 2 from ewiz.com m2400 barton; IQYHA 0402, they may still have some, aways call. Excaliber has m2500 with the IQYHA stepping (0348) that may give pretty good results. Newegg has most of the m2400-2500-2600, however, it's the luck of the draw when it comes to getting a particular stepping (AQYHA or IQYHA).

Back