• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Socket 370 Cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
go for the pal. get the screamer fan if you can handle the noise. i have 4 y.s. tech fans in my case and they sound nice!! 56cfm each. i don't care about the noise.:D

Well, since you said heatsink the AX7 is the best bang of the buck. 25.99 at heatsinkfactory.com

It performs 2-3 degrees higher than the SLK800 and 20.00 cheaper. It's like god like cooling for a Coppermine Celeron because they put out very little heat so if you want quiet you can stick a 25cfm fan on there and still run within the 40's or stick a Tornado 84 and watch it only be 5-6 degrees or less above case temps.

Edit

On second thought, if you can just go above your budget by 3 dollars. The SK-7 is the lastest ThermalRight product. It is 29.99 at heatsinkfactory.com and performs at a 0.27C/W (0.02 C/W better than the AX7 and 0.02 C/W worst than the SLK800 and the AX7 is 0.04 C/W worst than the SLK800). It can be used with an 80mm fan.

Review: http://www.overclockers.com/articles630/
Roundup: http://www.overclockers.com/articles373/

Yodums

Penguin4x4 said:

HSF = Heatsink + Fan, no? :confused:

Doh I read heatsink.

Why not spend the extra 10 bucks for the fan or something? It's worth it and it's never good to go cheap on cooling.

svcompucycle.com, svc goldengate, with a low low low cfm fan for your needs, and no overclocking, why bother with a screemer???? pointless or is it pointless? howbout a fan from cyphermouse in the classifieds, that would work great and they are quiet

you do realize thats gonna be loud rite? thats a lot of cfm for a 70mm fan... i suggest the goldengate and the slim 60mm fan,

Yeah, but the case is nearly 3mm thick steel.

Still, it'd be 10 bucks cheaper. Bah! can't think. BB Tommorow. I can barely stay awake. :D:):)

nevermind i didnt see the fan controller, just do whatever, it woudl be *easier to go with the v7+... i dunno just whatever, it wont make a diff because there is no overclocking going on here

Back