• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Socket 939 issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, were you running on a divider or 1:1? In my experience (with the exception of the no POST condition when running 4 modules), everything would always work fine when I ran 1:1. When I tried running on a divider with the 2x1GB configruation, I ran into a lot of instability.

2x512MB Corsair VS PC3200: All memory dividers worked great on my A8N-SLI Deluxe.

2x1GB Corsair VS PC3200: Only 1:1 was stable on the same board. All dividers resulted in instability, even with underclocked memory.

I'm not sure how to explain this other than the mobo couldn't handle running the larger amount of memory on a divider. Or maybe it was the memory controller on the CPU (Opty 170) that was at fault?

KB, QI,

Brings back some memories with our Asrock Dual SATA2 boards. :) By the way, still running fine with that Opteron 180 but it's a very finicky board to mess with.

jstutman,

Many of the issues stated are valid from previous 939 experience.

I agree 1:1 always worked for me with 939 Dual SATA2 Asrock board and I always set voltages manually. Two sticks were never a problem, 4 sticks were. Command rate at 2T always worked too. Might help your cause, might not. RAM manufacturers didn't seem to matter (Patriot XBLK, Kingston HyperX), never tried Corsair or GSkill.

Last edited:
Back