• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Socket S1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gtaber

Hi everybody, I'm a newbie to this forum. I recently salvaged from an otherwise dead laptop a 160GB HDD, 2 1G sticks of DDR2 667 SO DIMMs, and an AMD Turion 64 X2 processor. I don't have any reason to think that the chip is bad, have already tested the drive and RAM. I was wondering if anybody knew if there are any socket S1 motherboards(non-laptop) available for this processor. Not picky about form factor, but since I already have the processor and plenty of other parts laying around, it would be nice if I could put together a little box for under $100. The only one I've been able to find is this :
IEI / KINO-690S1 / Mini-ITX Motherboard with Socket S1 and I've never heard of the manufacturer. It goes for $110, which I would be willing to buy if I knew something about them. Also, a used board would not be out of the question.
Thanks in advance for any help.

IEI / KINO-690S1 / Mini-ITX Motherboard with Socket S1 and I've never heard of the manufacturer. It goes for $110, which I would be willing to buy if I knew something about them. Also, a used board would not be out of the question.
Thanks in advance for any help.

AFAIK, they're a big brand in ITX stuff.

Back