• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Some help: A8N32-SLI Deluxe vs A8N-SLI Premium

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jagbot

Registered
Hi, i read some very interesting thing about A8N-Sli Premium and A8N32-SLI Deluxe on many hardware reviews site and in forum, i have looked at several of the comparisons about it. But i still question myself: A8N-Sli Premium or A8N32-SLI Deluxe. :confused:
Heres one that i found :
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/mainboards/display/asus-a8n32-sli-deluxe.html

I'm building a new computer and here the spec.
Motherboard : A8N-Sli Premium
CPU : AMD ATHLON 64 X2 4800+
Memory : OCZ EB DDR PC-4000 Platinum Edition (OCZ5002048EBPE-K)
Video Card : Asus EN7800GTX/2DHTV/256
Hard Disk : Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 160 GB (ST3160812AS) (1X) and Western Digital WD3200SD Caviar RE (2X)
PSU : SilverStone Zeus ST65ZF
Case : SilverStone Temjin 07 (STT -TJ07-S)
(Heat Sink Fan (HSF) : Sunbeam Tuniq Tower 120) ??
CD/DVD Burner : Plextor PX-716A
(For the memory if not OCZ there is the Corsair TWINX2048-3500LLPRO.)

I'm new to the overcloking world and want to try. My future project is water cooling.

PS. I just finish reading on AMDZone the article http://www.amdzone.com/modules.php?...s&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=245&page=1, and that got me thinking about changing the X2 4800 for the FX-60. Give me your tought.

Jagbot

A8N32 owner here

Unless you have a need for all the sata ports that the A8N Premium has, go with the A8N32-SLI. The 8-phase power on that mb makes it a nice choice - very stable and cool. I just put one together with the same cpu as yours (4800+), pc4000 mem, msi 7800gtx. With stock voltages I've gotten it to 2.75GHz. Tonight after installing ocz pc3200 2-2-2-5, will try for 3.0. Maybe I'm just dreaming of a 3GHz air-cooled system, I dunno..

Well probably the most important consideration you might want to consider is VIDEO CARDS...Do you want 1 or 2 and how many pipes per card...If you wanna just stay with configurations that only use up to 16 pipes than the A8N-SLI is a great board for the fewer couple of dollars...But, and here's the consideration, in the future you might want to upgrade to 2 x 16 pipe cards = 32 pipes or have one running in 24- 32 but you wont be able too with the A8N- = new MOBO...With the A8N32-SLI DELUXE you can run any set-up you like with up to 32 pipe...Now the new AM2 chips will have MB for QUADS = 48-64pipes...Then that would really be worth the Money...

Thanks for your reply.
Yes in the futur i will go SLI (2 video card), and will have about 6 HD in this case.
i know the pro and con o each board and thats is why i have such a hard time choosing.
For now it what i can afford, here in montreal (Quebec, Canada) just this setup cost me about 4000$can. i have high ambition for this rig but not the cash to back it up. Thats is why i'm thinking of building my own case in sheet metal (Stanless Steel) inspired from the STT TJ07 and Lian-li PC-V2000. I'll come back on that.

P.S. : For ClintE
http://amdzone.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=144&page=1

All things being equal with the other 2x16-SLI boards, that 8 phase VRM is a great feature. It was originally designed for Intel's silicon furnaces and with an AMDx2 or any AMD64, it will be loafin' and under no strain. That should mean the board will outlast the owners interest in it unless they have a stupid attack and kill it.

Back