• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Some input help would be appreciated

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

robl

Hi Folks. I'm new to this forum but figured I could get some good input here as to what I'm planning on doing. First off, I screwed myself buying two EVGA 980 FTW's as I had no idea I would not be able to get decent blocks for them. Then I ran into an issue with my dog getting blinded by cataracts after two months of becoming diabetic and blew all my stash to save her sight. I like my pc but I love my pooch. Anyway, I was originally going to put an XSPC 360 V3 in the top of my 750D to cool my cards and an Alphacool Nexxxos XT45 in the front of the case to cool the CPU. Well it looks like it might take until Christamastime to remedy the GPU snafu as I'll probably be lucky to get back the cost of one 980Ti Hydrocopper from the sale of both my 980 FTW's. Now would you guys (and gals) go ahead and get the XSPC 360 and put it in the top of my case and cool the CPU with it until I can replace the GPU's or would you get the Alphacool Nexxxos XT45 and place it up front and cool the CPU, and if so keep the air moving front to rear or reverse it rear to front. I have three 140mm Noctua NF-A14's moving air horizontally, two front and one rear. I'm currently not happy with the performance of the skinny Corsair 100i even in push/pull when I'm playing GPU heavy games as I use a 2560x1440 monitor and the cards do warm up the interior of my case with the CPU running at 4.4 Ghz and the GPU's @ 1450 Mhz. It's not like the rig is BSODing or anything but I have seen some temps higher than I would like. Thank you in advance for your input. I plan on running this rig for at least 3+ years after all the cash it has gotten thrown at it. Oh, I plan on getting the new grilled piece for the Obsidian 750D to help let a little more air move horizontally.

Last edited:
:welcome: to OCFs.

First, have you read up on watercooling other than knowing what parts to get for a water cooling loop? Maintaining a loop is needed annually to keep its performance long lasting and parts as well. Also, you don't need two loops to cool your CPU and GPU.

Secondly, I'm not clear if you got rid of your 980 FTW to the 980Ti HC. Have you made the switch from those two to two Ti HCs?

Third, what is your budget at hand?

Take your time on this as its a fun hobby and project once everything is said and done. Read up on our water cooling stickies and get back to us once that is settled.

Back