• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sony F520 question???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

petreza

Hi,

I had a question and I emailed SONY but they havent answered yet so I decided to post.

First, is anyone here using this arguably "the best CRT on the planet" - SONY F520? What is your opinion of it? Is it as good as they say it is?

Second, the question I asked SONY was:

I read a few months back that there will be an update to your F520 model monitor. It will get a new coating on the CRT tube or something. I assume it will be better than the old one. My questions:

1. Has this new version been released? If not, when? (best guess if no date)

2. Does it (will it) have a new model number - linke F520-2 or something. In other words - if I want to buy a monitor with the new coating, how can I distiinguish it from the old model.

3. What other improvments will the new model have? (refresh rate etc.)

If you can help me with any of that I will grealy appreciate it!!

Thank you!

I don't think you'll find a lot of argument that the F520 isn't the best CRT on the planet. If its twice as good as a Viewsonic P225F or Mitsu 2060U...now that's an argument.

Don't know anything about a new F520, but Viewsonic is coming out with a replacement for the 225 and Mitsu is about to ship the 2080U. No details yet, but this might be something that effects all of the top line big screens.

BHD

The new screen coating is for anti-glare. The other update is the usb ports on the monitor will be upgraded to usb 2.0. When its actualy comig out i dont know.

The price is quite high but the quality isn't much better than my Mitsubishi Diamondpro 2040u which is about $400 cheaper. If you want to spend around $1,700 for a monitor i would go for the 24" gw900 instead. Otherwise get a 22" diamondpro...you wont be dissapointed.

Back