• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sony to lower price of the PSIII by $100! (April or May at the latest)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
redrumy3,
Just use this code at Dell: Z0WPL1J0CC3W47

If you go to Dell's website, it will give you a message saying that this code has already reached it's limit. Which means that too many people used it even though it has not expired.

Then call Dell on the phone. When you talk to a rep, explain to them that you received this coupon code from Dell through the e-mail. (Be convincing) Explain that it is definately for a PS3, that the email even shows a PS3 right there on it next to the code. Don't get mad or angry at them, if the first rep doesnt give you the deal, call back and talk to someone else. Tell them you wanted to use the code but when you enter it online, it doesnt work for some reason and you simply want to buy a PS3 for $319.99 ($340 with tax and free shipping.)

Good luck!

dell.com 80gb plus this coupon Z0WPL1J0CC3W47 which is 20% off comes out to 319.99 shipped

Free 3-5 day ground shipping on orders over $129 (before tax)

12636093.jpg

nice..hopefully i can get a 20% off coupon some how in time for tomorrow if not i might just go buy a ps3 cause i really want one for couple of games lol

Just be careful with those credit cards. Make sure you pay off every single dime prior to the expiration of the 0% interest offer. If you still have 1 cent left, all the interest will come back and haunt you.

Just be careful with those credit cards. Make sure you pay off every single dime prior to the expiration of the 0% interest offer. If you still have 1 cent left, all the interest will come back and haunt you.

Yeah!! The interest is 10.89% on this card after the 12 months of 0% wears off. That is insanely high. Do not attempt this deal or any other credit card deal unless you already have the money to pay for it right away.

Yeah!! The interest is 10.89% on this card after the 12 months of 0% wears off. That is insanely high. Do not attempt this deal or any other credit card deal unless you already have the money to pay for it right away.

10.89% is high.... man I see ones with 16-25% all the time.

I just heard that Nintendo isn't even working on a Zelda game currently or even a traditional Mario game, (just the party type games). I immediately went to Gamestop where they offered me $240 for my Wii, 2 controllers, and 4 cheapo games. I could have gotten about $300 on e-bay but I have been scammed too many times there and my buddy wanted a Wii so I gave it to him for the same price.

depending on your credit it will probably be higher. minimum of 15% but it would most likely be in the 20% range

APRs range from 14.99% - 29.99%. Your rate will be disclosed upon approval.

So are playstation 3's going to drop in price. So much stuff about CC's in this thread i just skimmed threw lol. I don't use CC's period.

My son and I are looking to get one with little big planet. But i'm afraid to buy one if there going to get a price drop here shortly?

So are playstation 3's going to drop in price. So much stuff about CC's in this thread i just skimmed threw lol. I don't use CC's period.

My son and I are looking to get one with little big planet. But i'm afraid to buy one if there going to get a price drop here shortly?

At this point, it does not look like they are dropping price.

Eh well guess i'll probably pass. Basicly run me like 500 bucks to get two controllers and LBP.

Kinda funny gaming pc's used to cost me a fortune and consoles used to be way cheaper for me. Now seems to be the opposite i most of the time buy used parts etc and put together machiens for 200 bucks lol.

Eh guess me and him will be sticking to are ds's for now we had a wii but that system was boring sept for mario kart which we got bored of.

Pretty amazing that you can put together a gaming machine for only $200 (used parts). I didn't know anyone who can do that. But you do have to include the cost if you butchered your old comp to get some parts. And of course, what kind of parts are you getting......

Personally, I find computers more expensive. It's almost every year that I have to spend $200 upgrading my comp just to play the new games at a decent resolution. PS3 may cost $500 with the bundle you are getting, but that's pretty much a one time deal you are paying for. No need to spend any more money for upgrading, unless it dies after the warranty expires.

everything in my sig for my gaming machine i put together for 200 bucks lol.
DEALS DEALS DEALS!

I know plenty of people who do it. But then again i run fps scripts usually :p lol more about fps then pretty graphics.

At this point, it does not look like they are dropping price.

They can't afford not to. Remember they will DENY DENY DENY a price drop right up until the day it happens because they FEAR losing out on that $100 per unit even for 24 hours. The developers and retailers are putting pressure on Sony to do it NOW. I'd bet that if you bought one in mid to late may that you would be okay as most retailers will give you the difference back if the price falls in 30 days. I'm predicting it will by June as the summer months are slow sell times for games due to blockbuster films, warm weather, vacations and the impending Christmas release schedule being a distant 5.5 months away.

Also ken i will say just so i don't sound like i'm flaming ya. I do get what u mean when you look at the whole picture. One time entry price which is much better then 360's when i looked at it lol u had to buy so many accessories and crap.

Anyway maybe i'll go take a look at some refurbs at the game stores. Probably go to game crazy tho because gamestop is the suck and tends to sell half broken junk.

Also ken i will say just so i don't sound like i'm flaming ya. I do get what u mean when you look at the whole picture. One time entry price which is much better then 360's when i looked at it lol u had to buy so many accessories and crap.

Anyway maybe i'll go take a look at some refurbs at the game stores. Probably go to game crazy tho because gamestop is the suck and tends to sell half broken junk.

That first half was nearly indecipherable but Gamestop and Gamecrazy are Toe-May-Toe / Toe-Mah-Toe. One is not any more or less sleazy or evil that the other.

No worries about any "flaming". Everyone is entitle to their own opinions and preferences. Just to clarify, I don't own Xbox360. I just don't support microsoft country. Also, one of the primary reason is same as yours, xbox360 is extremely expensive with the accessories you have to pay for. $99 for a wireless adaptor? holy crap........ To me, it's definitely a much better buy with the playstation compare to xbox360 (at least to me).

No worries about any "flaming". Everyone is entitle to their own opinions and preferences. Just to clarify, I don't own Xbox360. I just don't support microsoft country. Also, one of the primary reason is same as yours, xbox360 is extremely expensive with the accessories you have to pay for. $99 for a wireless adaptor? holy crap........ To me, it's definitely a much better buy with the playstation compare to xbox360 (at least to me).

I only agree if you don't have and really want a Blu-Ray player. You can get a 60GB 360 for $250 or a 80GB PS3 for $400. You don't HAVE TO use the $100 wifi dongle, you can use cat5 or use an old router as a bridge. $150 is worth it if you want the Blu-Ray because a stand alone player costs that much but if you don't care about Blu-Ray movies then I don't see any justification on the $150.

I only agree if you don't have and really want a Blu-Ray player. You can get a 60GB 360 for $250 or a 80GB PS3 for $400. You don't HAVE TO use the $100 wifi dongle, you can use cat5 or use an old router as a bridge. $150 is worth it if you want the Blu-Ray because a stand alone player costs that much but if you don't care about Blu-Ray movies then I don't see any justification on the $150.

To me even the $250 for 60GB 360 is nto worth it. Ive had to change 2 in a MONTH due to the RRODs. :bang head:bang head
Now its not even about being unlucky.. as it is officially the worst engineered console ever built! Im just gonna return it for good.

was waiting to see if a pricedrop happened or dell coupon works again but no so i will probably go to gamestop sometime this week and grab a ps3 for 399 - 50.00 from gamestop because you get 50 online gift card for buying ps3 which isnt bad so :)

I am wondering if anyone got the Sony credit card here.
(the one that gives your $100 after you purchase anything above $299; then another $100 if you use $1500 on it, and another $100 with another $1500 on it. [$300 max])
http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/gateway/?offerlink=sr150nowps3

What credit limit did you get?
I was thinking of purchasing a TV after the PS3 to get the full $300 but was wondering if this is possible.

edit:
oh nuts. I didn't get instant approval. have to wait until card comes in the mail...

Last edited:
Back