• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOS-HELP!!!!!!!Comp WONT BOOT TO SCREEN!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Look at the caps around that mosfet heatsink, and the mem slots.
A failing PSU will take out components and cause instability\data corruption, especially under the load of an OC.
GL
BTW, you do have the 4 pin power plugged into the mobo, yes?
I know it's a silly question but I've seen posts where guys didn't plug into the mobo because their PSU didn't have the plug.

Last edited:
Kill_A._Byte said:
Look at the caps around that mosfet heatsink, and the mem slots.
A failing PSU will take out components and cause instability\data corruption, especially under the load of an OC.
GL
BTW, you do have the 4 pin power plugged into the mobo, yes?
I know it's a silly question but I've seen posts where guys didn't plug into the mobo because their PSU didn't have the plug.

i do have the plug. i think the problem is that the computer is not getting enough juice. The 24 pin power thing on the Mobo has only 20 pins filled meaning that the power supply was meant for an intel. but it has managed so far.

Ill look for the caps tommorrow. or maybe tonight,

Ok i called ASUS and we tried lots of tests
1. We tried moving the ram form 2,4 to 1,3 - nothing happened just same problem
2. We tried reseting the cmos- nothing happened still
3. we trired repairaing windows- poop nothing happened

Last thing he told me is called "grounding" like connecting the basics of the comp. does anyone have any knowledge of this? before i do it?

Kill_A._Byte said:
I'm not sure what he's telling you to do, dose he think your bord is shorting on the case somewhere?

no i think he wants me to run my comp on the bare basics, cpu, psu, ram, grafix, and add on and on and see what is the problem.... i think my problem was the PSU

Back