• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Sound Blaster SB0410 cable?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shinigami920

Registered
Hello there again, recently my relative gave me his SB0410 (exactly the same as this one: http://microdream.co.uk/creative-so...-channel-pci-sound-card.html?___store=default ) he gave it me just by itself, no box, cables, nothing.
I plugged it into my rig, connected the speakers into it however nothing happened, when I try to install the drivers that I've found on creative website, it wont install because of some error. My question: do I need any sort of cable for it to work? If so then could you please specify it or tell me where could i get it?
I am really noobish if it comes to Sound cards :eh?:

Oh and is this little SB better than my onboard audio on GA-P55-UD3R? :D

SOLUTION AT THE BOTTOM

Last edited:
Are you using Windows 7? Some of the older SB cards don't work well with Win7. I doubt it's better than your onboard. Likely about equal.

Yes, Win 7 64 Bit. I have even disabled the onboard audio, plugged the card in, booted and ran the installation. It extracts some files then pops up with: Setup is unable to detect a supported product on your system. Please ensure that your product is properly installed before running this Setup program. Setup will exit.

SOLVED: Don't bother installing the original drivers, Windows can do it for you :) Go to Control panel, Devices, Device manager, and look for a sound device with a yellow triangle next to it, right click and select "Update Drivers" , Win will then download and install your drivers ultimately making the SB0410 work :D

Back