• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SP120's with NZXT mesh VS Sunbeam Rheosmart 6

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Thekamikazepr

Hey guys I wanted to give you all a BIG pointer and heads up in my recent experience with fan controllers for SP120's

I had 8 SP -120's connected to a NZXT MESH fan controller, after the third fan the fans would start making grinding noises (so did the pump). The only way around this was to use the 7v converters.

After a small incident several forum members suggested the sunbeam as my new fan controller. due to its VRM function (even know i will not use it now) I got sold plus at under $25 dollars with free shipping i was set

Today I finished setting up the fan controller set up. And with out the 7v regulators/convertes, each and every fan (and the pump) can be adjusted manually without the grinding noise that was so distinctive in my previous fan controller.

Over all if you are considering a sub $25 dollar fan controller this is what you need, You might want to consider getting a $1-$2 molex extension (in my case my molex directly from the PSU was very tight to get in).

Other than that this is a gold mine.

My personal preference would be a premium style controller if I will be adding premium priced fans and pumps to it. Sunbeam has been around and have a lot controllers. Just be careful you're within spec for each channel.

Back