• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Specifically Ordered CLT from Newegg got DDR

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Malakai said:
its all a game where luck plays a huge role

You make your own luck by ordering the best product for the job. In this case, Samsung CTL. This is exactly what KnownKiller did. And he was sent DTL.

X is superior to Y. I order a product advertised as X, yet I am sent Y. That's not bad luck, that's fraud.

Goto_Dengo said:

Brilliant reasoning--try again.

The newegg product number indicated he was getting CTL sticks, which almost never fail an overclock. This is the only reason he ordered, because he was lead to believe he would be sent RAM he KNEW almost never failed to please.

Instead, he was sent DTL, which fails to hit high speeds as often as not. DTL is not worth the $150 to most people. Newegg failed to deliver what it promised--Samsung with the CTL product number.

I love newegg, but they're in the wrong here. Why is this so hard for you to understand?

but they took it back without a problem, SO HE DIDNT GET RIPPED OFF.

im gonna drop out of this thread now because of excessive rudeness:rolleyes: , but good luck with the ram all

Yes they took it back but they didnt refund me the shipping i payed for it... though they are going to give me back the shipping that i have to pay to shpi it back..

Ya know... I was really pee'oed when i seen the ram.

I had it shipped to my fiance's house since it was her credit card. We were house sitting her house since her parents went away on vacation from Wenesday thru monday. So i'm thinking dang i'm gona have to take my computer over there so i can test out that great Samsung Original "CTL" sticks i got from Newegg! That was a huge pain to lug everything over there jsut to test what i found was DTL! The same numbers and all that i just sent newegg back.

So we were'nt happy at all to say the least... Actually i had her check the ram out first since i have been having such bad luck... WHen she told me that it was DTL sticks i thought for sure she was pulling my leg and putting on an Oscer performance... not... she wasnt lying at all... I looked myself and screamed on top of my lungs and thank god that the ram came with some huge bubble rap cause thats what i took my fustration out on. heh.

Ya know, its really bothering to get screwed twice from Newegg... I mean the first time i can understand since they say they dont know what Samsung sends them... but to clearly seperate the stock and have different order numbers for each CTL and DTL models and order the CTL and get DTL again is rediculous...

Yeah yeah yeah, they gave me a freakin RMA number and stuff but they didnt even give a crap that they sent me the wrong stuff again on the phone... I had her call since i would of blown up on them... Couldnt do anything nice for me... jsut slap me a RMA and have a nice day.. I feal sorry for the unknowing customer that isint on top of everything that buys that ram from Newegg... They hear all this great stuff about newegg and Samsung Original that they rush there to order and never know the difference cause in the back of there minds they got some great ram. Not..

Seams like i and others were totally takin advantage of. And now i'll never get the great CTL Samsung Original.

Yeah the stick does 166 or 170 at max timings but... its not that great in my mind... I mean Crucials stick of 2700 does better then that...

Hell there is great 2100 ram out there back when that did way over its ratings. 133 that goes as high at 166 or more max settings now thats what you should expect from true pc2100... True pc2700 thats not overclocked pc2100 should go just as high you would think... Not from 166-170... Thats not that great of overclock at all hehehe..

So after all of this crap i believe i have Kidney stones now... wow... what fun.. to be all uptight over the past month or so over some dang ram. Noticed something funny happening about a week ago now im sure of it... what fun... heh I might have to sue for pain and suffering... kidding but who knows.

Now i'm gona get some Mushkin PC3000 512 and hope for the best... What i should of bought in the first place.

what vdimm are u running the ram at?

and id love to see crucial 2100 do better than 170, mines MAXED at 160 max timings, whicxh is great for its price but not that high

holy hell people... getting the wrong ram is nothing to get your blood boiling over.

you seriously have no life if getting CTL instead of DTL is the most important thing in your life.

send it back... and get some mushkin for crying out loud. it makes sense to me that if you order something and it's wrong the first time... theres a good chance it will happen again if you order THE SAME PRODUCT!

and don't pull the BS about it being a different product. cause its not.

KnownKiller said:

i'm running them at 2.85 volts

alright. u need to vmod your mobo to go higher.

u need to progressively burn the ram in up to 3.2vdimm, than get it stable at good settings and drop it back down to like 3.0v.

your not gonna get nowhere with 2.85, maybe 180mhz, but all the Samsung needs lts of voltage, like my crucial does.

Maxvla said:
holy hell people... getting the wrong ram is nothing to get your blood boiling over.

you seriously have no life if getting CTL instead of DTL is the most important thing in your life.

send it back... and get some mushkin for crying out loud. it makes sense to me that if you order something and it's wrong the first time... theres a good chance it will happen again if you order THE SAME PRODUCT!

and don't pull the BS about it being a different product. cause its not.

Ya know Maxvla i'm starting to think you either work for newegg or your banging the owner! Everytime you defend Newegg.

Yes i ordered the samsung from newegg when they labled it "CTL" in the model description... got the wrong thing sent it back... I didnt order the same thing twice!! The second time they changed it with a different product with CTL and another DTL. SO they had them seperate from each ohter so you would know forsure what you are getting. So why wouldnt someone be ticked off when ya once again get the DTL sticks which everyone knows sucks...

Hell even Cosair are now moving away from Samsung chip and using Winbound chips for there new PC3000 C2 and 3200 sticks... Goto there forums and ask the Ram Guy... The guy that works for them.. He will tell ya that the newest batch of chpis for Samsung the "DTL" suck totaly and the CTL were the best.

Sorry if it looks like i have no life with all the ram probs... but if it was u that went threw 4 different sticks that everyone was saying that they were getting great overclocks from in the 185-200 range and you werent and theres 3200 sticks out there and they wouldnt even do there rated 200FSB and you got to keep sending back ram after ram and in that time barrow your friends ram just to use the damn computer for over a month i think you would be alittle on the edge as well.

Malakai said:

alright. u need to vmod your mobo to go higher.

u need to progressively burn the ram in up to 3.2vdimm, than get it stable at good settings and drop it back down to like 3.0v.

your not gonna get nowhere with 2.85, maybe 180mhz, but all the Samsung needs lts of voltage, like my crucial does.

I also have a Epox 8K3A that i can up the voltage to 3.2 if i feel like it.. I'm not about to chance fryin another stick of ram to burn it in if it would do anything over 170 max settings.. I dont think burning in would give me that huge of a boost if its not doing ok now.

But since we are on the subject... i've been burning all the ram in that i have tried.. Question.. Should i burn it in with slow settings just to max out what FSB the computer will boot at just to burn it in with lets say 185+ so many it will run at 200 later on? Cuase i've been burning with max settings at like 170 or 175 with memtest86 and i see no change. I mean i'm burning in like 8-12 hours at a time.. I've tried using a low 2.5- then bump it up a little more till i burn at 2.85..

well i only use my ram at max timings, so i find the fsb where it is stable w/max timings than play a game for 2 hrs. or so.

than bump up the fsb like 3mhz and game 2 more hrs. ect.

slow timings=teh suck (IMHO)

Malakai said:
well i only use my ram at max timings, so i find the fsb where it is stable w/max timings than play a game for 2 hrs. or so.

than bump up the fsb like 3mhz and game 2 more hrs. ect.

slow timings=teh suck (IMHO)

ok cool... i see... yup slow settings suck!

KnownKiller said:

Ya know Maxvla i'm starting to think you either work for newegg or your banging the owner! Everytime you defend Newegg.

:yawn:

KnownKiller said:
I love to re-read something that i wrote and i laugh my *** off..

Please dont take me serious... Just was kiddin around there... dont know why i said that..

yes and yes

By the way, these CTL sticks I got suck *** bad. They showed promise, but they got worse after burning in. These are dated 0225. They do not like 2.8 volts at all, and stability gets worse in some situations.

Best they will do is around 166, 2-2-2-5. They will do 193 mhz max at something like 2.5-3-3-6. I burned 'em in twice, at 2.5 and 2.8 volts (highest my board will go).

But I do have one tough Mutha-board on DDR: MSI 645E MAX-LRU. My 0208 CTL sticks did 200, 2-2-2-5-1 on a P4S533 and can only muster 180 on this board.

The 512 MB DTL stick I got will do 170, 2-2-2-5, and will do DDR400 at 2.5-3-3-6.

An XMS3200 will do 175 at 2-2-2-5, but won't do DDR400 at all.

So a lot depends on the motherboard. The P4S533 is pretty much a pushover and it's easy to hit DDR400 at fast settings on it, but memory scores leave much to be desired.

BTW, I tested the XMS3200 on a P4B266-E and it will do DDR426. Wow, 512 MB at 160 FSB, 3:4. Though the settings are locked at 2.5-3-3-7 I get 3200/3100 Sandra marks so good enuff. Tested stable in 3D. Only one of my good 0208 CTL sticks will do DDR426 on the same board.

Back