• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Spring Creators Slowdown

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Niku-Sama

just popping in to ask if any one else has had problems after installing the spring creators update making everything terribly slow, or taking an eternity to install it self.
like way slower than the fall one.
I did a few test installs at work noticed it being pretty damn slow while installing and perpetually afterwards. Thought it was the fact it was an in place update so I updated my install media from 1709 to 1803 and holy crap its even slower.
these weren't too old, 3rd gen i5 and 8 gigs of ram. Thought it was the drive going bad so I junked the Maxtor drive in it and replaced it with something newer only to have no change. same issue on the 4th gen i7's and 7th gen i3s, all with the same amount of ram. some with SSDs, all slow as hell now.

What did they do to this thing?

I would of I could except the users have a hard enough time trying to figure out a pen and paper let alone the computer it self

I have seen some more slowdown in win 10 rendering 3d animations and have turned to all Linux for that now.
on the work flow rig I saw a big enough hit when baking and when using a lot of physics that I have even gone to Linux on it.
prior to that I found that getting rid of all the crap windblows is bloated with, using a bunch of scripts found on 10forum helped.
I'm not sure weather it's windblows or the NVidia drivers, but the slow down in gpu rendering causes me not to bother plugging a tesla or Quadro into a win10 rig, appears even gpu's are effected..

I have a gutted win7 Rgone gutted for me, even fonts have been removed and no internets!!!!!!

I haven't noticed any slowdown after the installation is complete but it takes an unusually long time to install. Took 4-5 hr. the other night on a customer's laptop with a fast internet connection for the download part. Others I know have reported the same. Personally, I think what we see is the inevitable creeping Windows update bloat that we've seen in other generations of Windows. I wish they would leave it alone and address only security issues and bugs. It does way more than anybody needs it to already. Why keep adding "features"?

oh I wonder what the deal is then. brand new computers are taking a long time still.
to top it off after the update local accounts are gone too.

I wonder if the changed something with the azure stuffs because its our local admin accounts going away.
come to think about it its only happening on computers that are connected to our azureAD ....let the digging resume

and thanks Alaric i'll give that tool a whirl

edit:
Yep local accounts are being hidden when the computer is linked to the Azure service and come back when disconnected.
that's kind of an odd thing to add suddenly...

Last edited:
Hi, i just installed update.. well it installed itself without asking me yesterday. didnt have much time to see any difference.
Except the fact it just messed up with me nvidia drivers ( i didnt notice that) wanted to play witcher 3 it wasnt detecting my graphics card and it seems like all game along with textures and stuff have been loaded into RAM, and GPU computing been directed on CPU :shock: 0 FPS tho :clap:
have a look there :
10o20iq.jpg

Get the latest driver straight from Nvidia. Nvidia's latest drivers are usually a step ahead of the WHQL (or whatever that abbreviation is) that Microsoft sends with their updates. I find I have to do this to get the Realbench stress test to work sometimes.

Back