• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SSD newbie needs some guidance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ah, something I would never waste time doing. disabling hibernation is always the first thing I do, well, maybe the second after I turn off that stupid UAC
The WEI benchmark usually runs automatically the first time you boot Windows after having installed it. The SSD isn't the only thing the WEI benchmark configures. Running it is usually the easiest way to make sure Windows is configured for the hardware.

The WEI benchmark usually runs automatically the first time you boot Windows after having installed it. The SSD isn't the only thing the WEI benchmark configures. Running it is usually the easiest way to make sure Windows is configured for the hardware.

Yeah that's what people tell me, I've never once seen the WEI run after installing. Must be the way I install. :shrug:

Storage devices use so little power compared to grphics cards and the CPU that power consumption by storage devices is really not an issue in a desktop..

Windows 7 does none of that automatically

It does turn off defrag I have never ever done that in my life and having cloned a hdd to SSD a dozen times or more stil have never had to disable defrag.

I clone, load up windows restart a couple of times and everything is done automatically. defrag and trim at least

Hibernation and such are all manually done, no reason to disable them on SSD except to save space. which I do :)

I dont run WEI, but I also do not have it disabled... never saw the need, any benefit to that?

Back