• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Stable AMD drivers for Tomb Raider

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ninjacore

I'm having a ton of crashes in Tomb Raider. I've tried all of the available drivers on AMD's site. BF3/4 work fine with all of them.

I've tried lowering graphics settings and playing with and without "TressFX" (whatever that is?).

Also, tried reinstalling Windows and the game.

Usually, the game freezes and after 5-10 seconds, crashes to the desktop. Occasionally, it'll freeze and the audio will loop until I perform a "hard reset". These crashes have occurred during gameplay, during cutscenes, and while paused.

Probably related, about 90% of the time when I load the game up, there's a strange black "patch" at the top right of the screen which looks like some graphical artifact.

It's the rig with the R9 290 in my signature.

Anyone playing Tomb Raider with a 290 without crashing?

I think I am going to try and bump up the voltage to my card and see if that helps?

Thanks

EDIT:

Tried without the overclock to my monitor (qx2710 to 96Hz with atipatcher and cru). That didn't help either.

Also tried driver version 14.9.

Last edited:
Think I finally found a driver which works. 14.7 RC 3. No crashes in about an hour. Still seeing that graphical oddity when the game loads up, so maybe that's built in?

Adding VDDC didn't help, BTW. It seems like it's just the drivers.

Last edited:
Back