• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

standards have moved along......

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
My little bee and I have returned home from a rather long little trip for a day or two to get ready for another rather long trip following in almost the same foot steps as we have just returned from, oh!!! the joy.
What prompts the quick post is that my very old and trusty dvd player has died, ( boo, hiss).
it uses the very old, and now obsolete, coaxial connector, looks like this,
View attachment 199889

I have decided to have all the wires to the back of the tv re-ran and this will take a pro to do as power and cable boxes will have to be added, our tv is mounted floating above the fireplace, with no wires allowed to be seen so might as well have everything run at one time this time...............
I should have had it done when the place was rebuilt after the fire a while back but............. well, you know..........
so I will have two more power plugs added.
3 hdmi, as this is what the tv has.
hdmi_mini_hdmi_cable-01.jpg

2 display port
View attachment 199880

1 ethernet
View attachment 199881

and 1 type c, just because.
View attachment 199883

the tv is plasma and I will keep it as led just sucks for motion, unless they have gotten better, I don't know.
any other I need to have run before I e-mail my home fix it guy before we leave again and he can get it all done while we are away and I don't have to look like a bone head, again or live in a construction zone.

Last edited:
Have him pull a string or two in as well so you can easily fish in another wire later.

Back