• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Star Citizen - Squadron 42

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
four horsemen already won, and they removed the additional ships today. So no more lag in the hangar :p

to all the SLI users, set Vsync to On (smooth) it should get rid of the major artifacts.

I was messing around in my hangar Monday night and decided to check out what my CPU and memory load was while just walking around... My I7 was hovering around 80% on all 8 cores... I've never seen any game do that I was impressed not to mention they haven't even optimized the game yet.

Also for fun here is my video showing off my new M50 the PBR and lighting improvements are amazing.

Oh yeah I love it! I want to do a video of my Avenger as well but the back hatch hasn't been going down so I can't crawl around inside it :\ but eventually I will. Until then I'm working on game play with Arena Commander... and of course waiting for the Games Con live stream!

Also for anyone who wanted to know. The live stream from games con will be starting at 11:00 PST - 1:00 CDT This Friday the 15th

Last edited:
Sorry for the double post. But the live stream at Games Con for Star Citizen just wrapped up! And I think it was amazing so I'm going to try and get all the videos shown displayed in this post. Its looking better than ever and some of the things they were revealing and showing off were just amazing. First one I have my hands on is the newly revamped Constellation Trailer later I'll post my own. one with the Andromeda which is the base one we bought at pedge and the Aquila upgrade in hangar.

Constellation Aquila Commercial

Constellation variants

Racing Trailer

Original Hangars

Hangar upgrades

FPS Teaser

My Connie overview

Last edited:
Impressive little update. I like the varients, though the default might be the way I stay. Phoneix is impressive with its automatic point defense turrent (Class 9) that might be hard to pass up for a all around arse kickin ship.

Yeah it was, We also found out that in the next patch of Arena Commander that they are adding the following.

Private Matches,
COOP Vandul Swarm,
Leader Boards,
Hangar Upgrade,
and Racing

I'm sure there will be other fixes included but those are the major content updates. They said that patch will be out in 2 weeks, given that they can get the leader board functioning the way they want. The Dev team sited that the only thing that would hold back the patch would be the leader boards so if all goes well with the boards then we should see it in 2 weeks.

I'm so excited to see the progress they've made its been so much fun to watch.

Sweet.

As well like to announce its official I ordered a Oculus Rift DK2. October shall be a good month :)

Turning on Vsync (smooth) in Nvidia control panel worked for me. From what I've been hearing its a Cryengine thing that CIG will have to patch in. I could be wrong though.

Sweet its coming V0.9 soon!

Overview
Murray Cup Racing Mode: As shown at Gamescom, players can now race their pledge ships in a specially designed upper-atmospheric scenario!
Vanduul Swarm Co-Op: Take on the alien hoards with a friend, or competitor!
Flyable M50 and 350R: The M50 and the 350R have been readied for flight to kick off the race mode. These ships will now be flyable in all Arena Commander game modes.
Private Matches: Tired of being matched with random players in AC? Private matches will let you play with friends!
Friend Codes: We’re launching a code system for both private and public matches so you can connect with your wingmen.
Leaderboards: Your performance in Arena Commander’s various modes will display on the RSI website and allow you to compare with others.
Updated Ship Performance: We’ve increased the speed and acceleration of every ship. With this we’ve also reworked the afterburner mechanic to increase acceleration instead of top speed.
HUD Update: We’ve overhauled the usability of the visor HUD interface so you can customize your ships systems much more easily in flight.
New Hangars: We’ve remastered all of Star Citizen’s Hangars with the new forward-looking room system and added the Asteroid Hangar.
New Pause Menu: Our refactored pause menu is a large step forward aesthetically, and will support new features like custom keybindings in the future. In the meantime we’ve included selectable profiles for the most common peripherals.
6DOF: With the improvements to the IFCS and flight physics we are now ready to introduce 6DOF movement for an entirely new way to fly.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14133-Arena-Commander-V09-Status-Update

So excited! This "Should" Drop today given no big new bugs. But seeing as their was a slight... mistake... that allowed some people to download a version of this update last night and updates yesterday from the devs we should be in for one late night lol.

EDIT: And the patch is already live. a Whoping 15+ Gigs of updates! The LONG list of patch notes can be fount here

Racing Trailer:

Last edited:
Very big patch that is for sure.
Got a little bit to play it. Try out my 350R... very powerful speedy beast. That M50 should rock as well.

Yeah 5GB of new content now on my HDD. All the re-designed hangers, updated ships some more it looks like.
All I can say is that its making my system feel sluggish. I'll have to double check my settings but its using 3.5GB of Vram for the game and I think I just have it set for 1920x1200 high settings. Not going to re-load it since it takes a few min to boot. As well seems like my CPU might be showing its age with just being quad core and no extra threads. That might help out here with this game since the CPU seems to be tapped for more power.

Hoping more performance tweaks are coming down the pipe in the near future because this is a system killer and then some. Looks great though :)
Would really like to try this with the DK2 kit I have coming but I need 75FPS... and barely cracking 30-40FPS sometimes :/

Nice!

Bummer that your performance is low, but I am glad they're pushing the envelope and actually making use of all the hardware available in high end PCs.

I have no doubt there will be countless optimizations coming down the pipe. :)

Yeah I'll have to look into some optimizations or reducing my settings (shudders). Though as you said at least they are pushing it which will make the game last that much longer without updates to assets if they really plan on it playing out for a while.

Though think it might be time to upgrade the CPU giving me a reason to in the future. Least gives me a real reason to instead of oh shiny aspect to it. Really thinking of getting GTA V for the PC as well and can only guess on performance requirements for that.

I'll play around with it a bit more today. The racing part had a lot of geometry. The terrain was real even with it being so far away. So they weren't scaling back on that at all.

Heck the game is pretty big as is right now and there is so much more to be added. It's going to be a HDD hog.

Back