• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

StarCraft2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
lol i was confused wheni saw a SC2 thread with 40 posts and ive been on the forums most of the day :p

sc2 for the win!

Evnas said:
The problem with that is after LOD, they didnt leave the story open like at hte end of the first one. The Three have been banished for good (with the destruction of the World Stone and soul stones), so what else is there to do?

What do you mean the story is not open, its COMPLETELY open, after the worldstone is destroyed the universe is supposedly going to 'reset', they could start diablo 3 in the stone age if they wanted, where man kind is just beginning. LOD left room for any kind of sequel they wanted.

well SC2 I see a good chance of it happening. Diabloe 3 less hope since the ending was not very open and the programs who made Diablo 1 and 2 left blizzard and made arena.net Guild wars is what Diablo 3 would of been be like but the people who made diablo as I said have left blizzard

Blizzard has said that they don't have any plans for Starcraft 2 right now, but they will definitely be returning to the Starcraft universe at some point in the future.

El-Scotto said:
taken from SC:Ghosts FAQ....

Q: Is this StarCraft II?
A: No.

Q: Will there be a StarCraft II? When?
A: Although we have not made any announcements and do not have a development or release timeline, we do fully intend to revisit the world of StarCraft on PC at some point in the future.

http://blizzard.com/ghost/faq.shtml

heheh my post on the same page....viva la sc2!!!!

It just sad that SC is deing :(. But people still playing it and there are still more noobie everyday :). Beleive it or not, I still play this game. I've played it since da first day it came out. I have to say it is that best every strat game.

Neeseius said:
One more edit: they have been throwing millions of dollars away for the past 4 years by not releasing another StarCraft

You do understand that they're still making millions on SC in Asia right?

lol you guys are hilarious! come on ppl its been 7 seven years since the EXPANSION PACK! this goes on every single year, ppl cream their panties cuz someone starts a new thread claiming they know SC2 is coming out. People, face it its not going to come out for another 3 years if not at all. Think about it, it will take a them at least 3 years to develope it, plus they have not even stated that they have even started development on it yet. And the fact that its been 8 years since the first game pretty much rules out any assumptions that its secretly under development. Just play StarCraft and love it.

BTW for neone who loves to quote the "but we will certainly revisit it in the future", blizzard says lots of stuff.

I think the whole point was not when sc2 will come out but rather if it will come out, blizzard has their hands full right now with WoW and SC:Ghosts...

I was po'ed when they made SC Ghost and it only came out on the Xbox. Or did it even come out on Xbox yet? Anyways, I used to go to a forum that discussed this everyday and there has always been talk of SC2 coming to the PC, but I really think that plans got disrupted when most of the original developers strayed to make thier own company. I believe that messed up the hopes of another Diablo as well. Lets just be thankful that WCIII got finished before the original cast stayed.

once again the developers that strayed were from Blizzard North, you can think of them as an entirly differnt gaming company than those who brought you warcraft at blizzard main. They didnt even share the same building. Yes it may have dashed the hopes of Diablo III at least in its pure formbut i see no harm to the wc or sc universe. I read at some point somewhre that Blizzard enjoyed writing games in each of its three universes. And they would write in one untill they became bored and then went to write in another.

as its been said a thousand times in this thread, starcraft 2 would be the biggest cash cow ever. Even if it was just a crappy pac man clone every one and their sister would buy it. Just because it has the starcraft franchise behind it. And that alone is enough for any red blooded american company to do something.

id be happy with the same SC with new graphics and better networking... this has probably been said already earlier but oh well... BTW: still an avid player :)

WoW is already out and making a ton of money. After SC:Ghost gets realeased that will make ton of money too. I wonder what project they would dump all that revenue in to? Unless it's D3 wich I highly doubt. Like what was said above most of the people that made Diablo are gone. Hopefully SC2 will be the next project, but at this point it's just wishfull thinking.

Every time I try to play the original SC I get stuck logging in to battle.net. I used to be able to play it on this rig, even turning off my firewall won't work. It's probably better that way, when I did play i'd get my *** handed to me no matter how hard I tried. Only the really good players, or hackers are all thats left on battle.net. BTW what is the release date for SC:Ghost?

Boomstick said:
Last I heard Ghost is in limbo and might be scrapped altogether.

I seriously doubt that. Best Buy is taking pre-orders for a March 1st release. Blizzard is just doing their usual taking forever to release a game.

Back