• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stepping down

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

razorface

I have decided to devote most of my resources to QMC, mainly as a result of my pursuit of a degree in chemistry, and also because I've hit 50 million credit. I'll still be running SETI on the GPU's, as QMC has not been ported to the CUDA (yet). So, congrats to the new leader!

Razorface

I know we'll miss all that RAC - at least the GPUs will still be with us for awhile! :)

What's QMC? I know it's a BOINC project but with a quick serach I couldn't find the home page ...

Good run Razorface, was nice to have you with us and congrats on the 50m! :beer:

Looks like I'll be telling the wifey we need to expand the farm when we finish our move....haha

What's QMC? I know it's a BOINC project but with a quick serach I couldn't find the home page ...

QMC is Quantum Monte Carlo, a new method of performing quantum chemistry calculations, to predict the shape, and from the shape the reactivity of molecules. Its the 11th most popular BOINC program, with about 43,000 users. I'm #4 in RAC, headed to #2 I hope :)

Yes it seems the GPU's are doing a sizable percentage of my work...

Wait, so you're saying there's a guy with more computers than i've ever seen in my life, all doing this work, in a city, that's 5 minutes from me?

Wow. Didn't know that. +1 SETI cruncher is less than 15 minutes from me :drool:

Good luck on the new project though!

Razorface, I've also recently decided to apply my CPU cores to another project--World Community Grid. Specifically, I'm working on The Clean Energy Project (phase 2), in which they are searching for molecules useful for solar cell production. My GPU time is currently working for GPU Grid, though from time to time I'm doing some SETI. I never quite understood the QMC project, but that definitely sounds worthy!

[EDIT]: Just realized I broke 2,000,000 credits overall this weekend. Yay me!

That must be from all that time you spent overseas. People elsewhere in the world think only barbarians go barefoot. Obviously they haven't been in the South - or the Ozarks ... :p

Back