• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stoney's DFI-Ultra-D adventure

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Update* Moving "ALL" the SLI jumpers
( the 6 blocks of jumper switches beneath PCI-E #1)
down to the 2-3 postion worked like a charm!
So for all the new guys doing the Sli mod, "take notes" it'll save yea some time.
:bang head
Also flashed the bios to 310 no problems so far. :)
Loaded lastest drivers from evga and dfi website (thanks for the PM Timonex)
Went to display properties and now my cards are recognized as SLi. Checked the box rebooted, all is well!
I assume the generic bridge is functioning properly now too!

Glad thats out of the way
Time for some burn-in tests
Stay tuned! :cool:

Last edited:
To make sure its actually doing sli, go where you enabled SLI in the nvidia drivers and enable "show load balancing" or something along those lines and load 3dmarks or whatever. See if the line actually moves around or stays up top. If it moves, sli's enabled.

i just ran the 3dmark=18348 all settings stock air cooled
Thought that green line moving up and down had something to do with Sli. :p
Houston, we are go for Sli bridge launch!! :cool:

Last edited:
Got some watercooling action coming up next week,
gonna pop off the heatsinks on the 6800gt's and throw on some koolance waterblocks and toss on a swifty 6000 on the cpu for final burn-in tests.
Then hopefully this comes in the mail next week: http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...=2847&osCsid=f885471a62476ae6a8c5f32cafbf02c9

Want to thank eveyone for there help the past week. This is a really nice community here at O/C'ers, lots of friendly knowledgable folks. Thanks for making feel right at home. :)

After that look-out! I'm a coming to frag-Yea!
Stay tuned! :cool:

Last edited:
updated pics

well i signed up with a image host and did the img thing to the pic's. hope this works. If not maybe someone could explain what i did wrong?

Stoneyman said:
well i signed up with a image host and did the img thing to the pic's. hope this works. If not maybe someone could explain what i did wrong?

It doesnt display em in the thread but as links, which works just fine. Id say you need to remove the spaces between the img tags and the link.
That sli bridge is pretty! *patiently waits for the mailman*

Ailleur said:
It doesnt display em in the thread but as links, which works just fine. Id say you need to remove the spaces between the img tags and the link.
That sli bridge is pretty! *patiently waits for the mailman*

I tried removing the space, but it still doesn't work. Oh well guess people will just have to click the link to see the pics. :shrug:

Finally got some time today to start rigging up my watercooling, and hit a brick wall!
Seems the screws that come with my swiftech mcw 6000 64 are to short to reach the plastic plate on the back side of the mobo. The instructions seem to mention a metal backplate available at their site, but the plastic back plate seems sturdy enough for the job. The problem seems to be with the springs. Do i really need those springs? or can i just use the stock screws without the springs, which works? Any help would be appreciated

*Attention Swiftech Mcw 6000 64 users*

Got an interesting update for people with mcw-6000 64 waterblocks.
After a conversasion with a tech support at swiftech, seems they are reluctent to post some very important info about the incombatibility with the dfi nf4 ultra-d. The issue is resolved by purchasing a AMD metal backplate.
The screws with the springs on, will not reach the stock plastic backplate.
I wasted over an hour trying to make it work when a simple update post on swiftech's website would have saved me a lot of frustration. :bang head
So i hope this saves someone else the grief it's caused me, or worse someone damaging there mobo due lack of important details. :rolleyes:

Into the case she goes pics

well got the mobo installed in the case today. Here's a pic for your viewing pleasure.

url]

Doing my dry run to get everything in place then i'll size up and cut all the tubing, and take all the blocks and radiator and pump out to leak test.
Once thats complete it's time for the fun part of routing the power supply wires which should prove to be a challenge in this case.
On a side note for any other lian li 1100b owners who are thinking bout watercooling this case with a 120mm bix radiator, the best place is cut a 120mm blowhole above the first 5 1/4 bay drive, not to the rear above the mobo. I ran into a problem with this setup. the radiator also will not fit on the rear fan either.

SLIcase2.JPG

url]

Thought i'd give you guys and gals an update where i'm at. with the new term4 started and the usual load of homework that comes joined at the hip with it, things have been slowed down a bit.
I found a way to mount the radiator to the rear fan by attacthing two 120mm fans creating a push pull effect. Seems the only way to mount it. I guess i could get some longer screws and spacers, but if i mounted it that way then the fan would be blowing inside the case.
I did my leak test the other day and ran into some problem with my swiftech Mcw-6000-64wb. Had to put teflon tape around the barbs to stop a leak. I tested outside the case so it wasn't a big deal, just time consuming figuiring out where the leak was coming from and how to make it stop.
The other problem i'm running into is with my mcw-350 pump. My last wc setup used a floppy resesiviour. Never had any problems with it. Thing i didn't like about it was it was awkward to fill and bleed with all the tilting of the case. So i figuired i'd give one of those swiftech fill &bleed thingies a try. Well for some reason it seems twice as hard because even after hand priming the pump, it doen't seem to be taking a suction from the gallon jug i'm using to do the leak test with. Guess i'll just gravity feed it once i get everything back in the case. So with any luck this system should be up and running by saturday hopefully. so stay tuned folks!

Back