• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strange Behavior From Windows

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I got this error trying to download Windows Flight: Failed to extract CAB C:\Users\***\AppData\Local\Microsoft\GFWLive\Downloads\4d5308d2e0000001.cab [Code:0x8007000d]
The error code comes up as a Windows Update error , but Update works fine. The Symantec download found nothing. I'm scratching my head so much people are wondering if I have fleas.

Update: I downloaded a new browser from Major Geeks , and it installed with no issues. Looks like large-ish downloads are the problem. Now to figure out if it's the modem/router or my ISP screwing things up. I'm trying to remember the DOS commands for traceroute and pinging. Haven't needed that info in a long time.

Update: I'm getting % 20 packet loss. I'll set my network settings back to Windows default and try again. The minor tweaks I've made were a long time ago and haven't given me any problems over several networks , but that seems to be the prudent first choice.

Last edited:
Back