• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

strange LCD ghosting with 8800 series cards and DVI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ghost_recon88

Senior Jedi Master
I have a 8800GT OC, and its hooked up to my LCD via a DVI-to-HDMI cable. The monitor ghosts really bad. I hook it up via a DVI-to-VGA cable, and the LCD looks super sharp. I hooked up my former X1900XT to it via the exact same DVI-to-HDMI cable, and it looks perfectly fine. I tried the nVidia card with the official 169.28 drivers, and the Omega 169.25 ones. Anyone else had this problem? Appears the 8800GT is having an issue outputting in native DVI :confused:

I always thought westinghouse was a TV brand, that's probably why...

Yes Westinghouse is a TV brand but that doesn't mean it makes crappy LCD's. I have the lvm-47w1 tv on my wall and I use it almost exclusively for PC gaming. Never ghosts and looks absolutely fantastic. In fact, it is on par in quality with many LCD's costing $1000's more, and my Dell 2407 that I use for web surfing. Check out the reviews on avs forum of Westinghouse LCD's. Believe me when I say that the contributors to that forum are extremely critical and they gave it fabulous reviews.

As for your problem at hand, the only issue I have with my 8800gt / Westinghouse combination that DOES not appear on my Dell is the uber-cool intro to the Witcher which tears slightly. Can't explain it. But the gameplay itself never ghosts and I assume its because there is no vertical sync option for it.

Cheers.

Yea I'm thinking its the card, as all other video cards work fine on it. Westinghouse displays are awesome LCDs for the price, and the 24" is not a TN panel ether.

I've had the same with a BFG 8800GTS card, so I don't think it is the OP's LCD, I swapped VGA cables and it went away, drove me nuts innitially, thought is was the LCD as well...mind boggling.

I have a 8800GT OC, and its hooked up to my LCD via a DVI-to-HDMI cable. The monitor ghosts really bad. I hook it up via a DVI-to-VGA cable, and the LCD looks super sharp. I hooked up my former X1900XT to it via the exact same DVI-to-HDMI cable, and it looks perfectly fine. I tried the nVidia card with the official 169.28 drivers, and the Omega 169.25 ones. Anyone else had this problem? Appears the 8800GT is having an issue outputting in native DVI :confused:

RMA the card. It has a problem.

Viper

Actually in my case I can just take it back to BB for a full refund. I bought it just to take it for a test drive and to bench with.

Back