• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

yellowish tint on my dvi-i port on my HD6950

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jcpangs

A little background
Last year aroung oct my mobo (M4A89GTD) broke. I had a phenom x3 720 and HD6950 with it. I had to stop gaming and just used my old built for work and internet. On my old pc I had an Atlon and my HD4770 with it. During that time I decided to go with 2 screens. my Main screen is a 23inch Samsung PX2370 and my 2nd screen is an ordinary Samsung LCD 18inch on portrait. Everything was working fine. Last week I was able to get a FX6300 and a Ga-990FXA-UD3 board. So I ditched my old pc and hook up everything together with my HD6950. I did all the installation using my PX2370. After all software was taken care of I hooked up my 2nd screen and to my suprise it was all yellowish.

7e95e703-daaf-4338-85d5-2ce9e1cc62f9_zps03410543.jpg
As you could see above my HD6950 has two dvi ports, one analog/digital (White) Dvi-i and the one below is a digital only(black) dvi-d port. My main PX2370 is on the black dvi-d port and my 2nd screen is on the white dvi-i port. Im using a vga-dvi adapter on my 2nd monitor.

Troubleshooting steps:
1. I tried replacing my vga-dvi adapter,still yellowish
2. I tried using another analog vga monitor, still yellowish, ( I have no other monitor with a dvi port)
3. tried using a vga-dvi cable, still yellowish,
4. tried using my px2370 on the white dvi-i port, all good, not yellowish
5. tried my 18inch monitor on my laptop, all good
7. tried my 18inch on my old build, all good
8. tried booting up with only the 18inch screen, still yellow
9. tried updating the drivers, still yellow
10. tried reseating the video card itself, still yellow.

my monitor is ok with another pc which led me to my conclusion that my monitor is still good, and since my main screen is working on the white dvi-i port Im going to guess that my HD6950 is having trouble recieving signals from an analog monitor. any other advised that I could try?

Could be that the card is having trouble seeing the 18 inch through the adapter. Maybe try using the VGA-DVI adapter with a DVI-HDMI adapter and see if it works like that? Past that, may be time for a new second monitor or only using one for now?

Could be that the card is having trouble seeing the 18 inch through the adapter. Maybe try using the VGA-DVI adapter with a DVI-HDMI adapter and see if it works like that? Past that, may be time for a new second monitor or only using one for now?

any vga monitor I plugged in will have a yellowish display. so yeah I guess I could try that, I might need to replace my video card then. so it does look a hardware issue? nothing else I could do?

any vga monitor I plugged in will have a yellowish display. so yeah I guess I could try that, I might need to replace my video card then. so it does look a hardware issue? nothing else I could do?

Maybe. I don't remember exactly, as it's been a very long time since I've used an AMD GPU, but I vaguely remember some color settings in CCC. Maybe they could help? Past that, I don't know...

Usually, a tint like that will be caused by a faulty cable. Colors are being dropped out causing a color spectrum skew.

Usually, a tint like that will be caused by a faulty cable. Colors are being dropped out causing a color spectrum skew.

I did replace the cable. at first I was using a vga-to-vga cable with vga-dvi adapter, didnt worked. then I tried a vga-dvi cable, still yellowish.

Back