• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strange mobile barton stepping?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AlanD911

Hey all i recently purchased a mobile barton and the stepping is quite strange. It has XC infront of the regular mobile barton stepping it looks like this.

"XC-AXMH2500FQQ4C"

what does that XC mean? The processor i was told was a mobile 2500+

Not sure what the XC means. Was it actually on the long permanent tag between two of the rubber feet? (Not some stick on label.) Can you give more information? The actual stepping will be something like IDYHA0502RPMW or AQYHA0421FPMW - what you gave is the OPN.

Where did you get it and was it sold as new OEM or refurbished/resold?

it was sold as new and i got it from a chinese computer store. it was on the black thing between the the two rubber feet :(

so yea the top opn was XC-AXMH2500FQQ4C i did some research and the AXMH2500FQQ4C is the opn of a mobile barton but i dont know what that xc means. I dont have the cpu with me now tho so i'll have to post later about the stepping

AlanD911 said:
Hey all i recently purchased a mobile barton and the stepping is quite strange. It has XC infront of the regular mobile barton stepping it looks like this.

"XC-AXMH2500FQQ4C"

what does that XC mean? The processor i was told was a mobile 2500+
Thats the part description, not really the stepping...
The "2500" indicates that it is infact a 2500+ chip.
The other letters represent things like voltage, fsb, cache, and so on but I can't remember exactly what each means. Try PM'ing The Coolest, if I remember right he may know what those letters mean.

My mobile 2600 says "AXMG2600FQQ4C" as the top left set of numbers/letters (right above the stepping which is IQYHA 0401MPMW:clap: ). There is no XC- before it though :shrug:
Mobile2600006.jpg

Last edited:
The only thing I can think is that if it is possible a low wattage model. Other than that, I don't know what it could be.

Can't be low-wattage model, because FQQ4C is 45W model.

Need pic of this processor to find more clues.

]-[itman said:
The only thing I can think is that if it is possible a low wattage model. Other than that, I don't know what it could be.

It is not the 35w XP-M 2500+, it is the 45w, so that one goes out the window. Not sure what the XC is, can you post a pic?

AXMH2500FQQ4C

AXMH - Mobile Athlon XP 45w
2500+ - 2500+ model
F - Organic Pin Grid Array
Q - 1.45v
Q - 100º C maximum operating temperature
4 - 512 KB L2 cache
C - 266 MHz FSB

Back