• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strange Networking Issue (Windows 7 Domains)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Realee

loss.jpg
Hi All,

We have an issue at work where one of our machines will freeze when saving documents (Word, Excel etc..) to a network share.

The network seems to be running OK (The documents were first opened from the network and there are ~50 other machines running happily) but when I run "net use" from the Command Prompt it shows the drives as disconnected with one or two of them stuck in "Reconnecting"

It's on a cabled network directly to a managed switch. The user also just got this laptop after it was reloaded - they had a laptop prior to this and it worked perfectly (At least with the networked documents)

Does anyone have any ideas? It's cost him a few documents now as they can't save (Thankfully there's autorecovery!)

Thanks Muchly!

Nope.

Fresh reload, nothing like that changed. I've found a few things online but there's no way to test for the crash reliably.

Fast becoming a pain in my buttocks!

Back