• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

STRANGE (?) VALUES FOR CoreVID (VID) AND Vcore

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fmsolidsnake

Hello to all.

I am a beginner with overclocking and I would like someone to help me understand if the values I have are normal.

i5 7640x on MSI X299M-A PRO.

Values in idle and standard settings.

See photos 1 and 2.

Is it normal that Vcore is at 0.472 and CoreVID (VID) is at 1.130?

I thought the two values should roughly coincide. Why in my case one is more than double the other? It's normal?

In photo 3 it is possible to see that at the moment no offset is applied.

PHOTOS 1 - 2 - 3

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Hello to all.

I am a beginner with overclocking and I would like someone to help me understand if the values I have are normal.

i5 7640x on MSI X299M-A PRO.

Values in idle and standard settings.

See photos 1 and 2.

Is it normal that Vcore is at 0.472 and CoreVID (VID) is at 1.130?

I thought the two values should roughly coincide. Why in my case one is more than double the other? It's normal?

In photo 3 it is possible to see that at the moment no offset is applied.

PHOTOS 1 - 2 - 3

NOT ABLE TO POST LINK NOR IMAGES NOR EDIT...

It sounds like you still have your VCore and CoreVID set to AUTO. With that said the values are well within the safe zone. Acceptable maximums for that CPU should be around 1.3v VCore and 1.2v Core VID.

I'm not sure why your pics aren't working. Possibly because you're a new member? Eitherway, try using the "Insert Image" icon which is the 3rd icon from the right. Capture.JPG

It sounds like you still have your VCore and CoreVID set to AUTO. With that said the values are well within the safe zone. Acceptable maximums for that CPU should be around 1.3v VCore and 1.2v Core VID.

I'm not sure why your pics aren't working. Possibly because you're a new member? Eitherway, try using the "Insert Image" icon which is the 3rd icon from the right. View attachment 208473

Core VID standard settings idle.jpg Vcore standard settings idle.jpg Offset voltages standard settings idle.jpg

Everything Looks to be ok. With your core ratio set to auto it looks like you're getting between 3.8 - 4.2Ghz depending on workload. Your temps are excellent and your voltages are within the safe zone. No worries here.

Back