• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strange yellow residue on EKWB T-splitter

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fr3shlight

I was examining the fittings and supplies I had gotten in a package for EKWB today and noticed a strange residue on the black T-splitter I had ordered. Anyone know what it is? It could be nothing but I'm still afraid of contaminating my loop when I build it.

IMG_3080 (1).JPG IMG_3081 (1).JPG IMG_3082 (1).JPG

Thanks in advance!

Looks to me like a lack of paint is all. Are those painted brass fittings? Does the yellow wipe off?

Yeah, that's what it looks like, just paint residue. See if you can wipe if off with a q-tip. I'm sure it's the original brass dust during manufacturing process.

Looks to me like a lack of paint is all. Are those painted brass fittings? Does the yellow wipe off?

Just found on the website that it is in fact brass. My finger was too big to try and see if I could wipe any off but I had tried to use the back of a pen to see if it would scrape off, but it seemed to be stuck on. Looks definitely like lack of paint.

- - - Updated - - -

Now that I look at it, I'm pretty sure the fitting just wasn't painted fully. Thanks for the help!

Your welcome, and don't worry about that lack of paint (assuming it is) the paint is really just for aesthetics.

EDIT: You can use a Q-Tip dipped in Isopropyl Alcohol to wipe it. Just make sure not to leave any cotton inside the fitting if any pulls off the Q-tip.

No reason to paint the inside, like inside rad fins. I'd take a old toothbrush and a bit of dish soap to it. Heck do it to all the bits. No reason to rinse in distilled. Just take all the brass etc bits, clean well, run water through rads and blocks etc. Don't forget the rad dance, and pour scalding hot sink water over all of them to kinda sterilize. Then a rinse in distilled.

Well, that's kinda what I did. On first builds and rebuilds.

Back