• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

stuck at 223fsb nf7-s, l12 work?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
(this is como)
whoot, i'll have to look into this...i've been stuckat 223 no matter what, a wire trick sounds a little drastic to me but i ram and proc can go higher...who wants to linkey to the l12 mod wire trick, i'll go find it, but the nect person comes by may not want to :p

Barn_Angel said:
(this is como)
whoot, i'll have to look into this...i've been stuckat 223 no matter what, a wire trick sounds a little drastic to me but i ram and proc can go higher...who wants to linkey to the l12 mod wire trick, i'll go find it, but the nect person comes by may not want to :p

i doubt your ram will go higher than 223 bro. so its probably no use.

Just to add my results, before the L12, vtt,vdd, vdimm mod I was stuck at 222fsb. Now, I am STILL stuck at 222fsb :( NB is properly cooled and I know the ram can handle more. :(

cujo said:
just tried the mod. used a piece of wire off an old busted fan. my chip booted at 100x6. how can you tell if it worked?

it didn't work because the default boot for a mobile processor is 100x6 since it's unknown. You'll know it works when it boots as 133 or 166. I still don't know which L12 mod to do though. Are we suppose to aim for 133 of 166? (keeping in mind it defaults at 100)

cujo said:
just tried the mod. used a piece of wire off an old busted fan. my chip booted at 100x6. how can you tell if it worked?

Set the BIOS to Optimized settings...then go to your CPU settings...you will see it at either 166 or 200...whichever you set it at...it wont show the mod working until you load the optimized settings first...then change the BIOS settings to what you want...

If it doesnt show 166 or 200 after loading the optimized settings...then the mod did not work...

glock19owner said:

Set the BIOS to Optimized settings...then go to your CPU settings...you will see it at either 166 or 200...whichever you set it at...it wont show the mod working until you load the optimized settings first...then change the BIOS settings to what you want...

If it doesnt show 166 or 200 after loading the optimized settings...then the mod did not work...

Could you tell which two pins you connected? I did the one that's "for" the mobile barton's, but not sure if it worked. After selecting optimized setting, it did jump to 166 instead of 100 but it didn't help my overclock. I'm trying to stay optimistic about it :(

did you try a lower multiplier jin? 11.5 seems sort of high and you may have reached the limit of the cpu. Set it to like 9 and rule the cpu out as to what is holding you back. Also...ch-5 IIRC doesnt perform that well so 222 should make you happy. I have bh-5 and my o/c sucks to be honest. :(

k it worked. defaulted to 166 after loading optimized defaults. i expected that it would load to 200 like the site says but something must have worked cause it sure wasn't 100.

currently testing at 220 for now. will try higher in the morning when i know this is stable.

Back