• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stuck between 3 Motherboards and have 24 hours before I order

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ThorV2

The 3 MOBOs are:
MSi X79 GD45 Plus
Gigabyte UP4
ECS X79R AX

I have read reviews on all these boards and they all seem like really great boards. So if anyone has used any of these please feel free to post you opinions on all of them. I do plan on Water Cooling and I have tried Asus before and for some reason I can never get an Asus board to last more than 6 months. Gigabyte and MSi on the other hand never fail me. If anyone has any other recommendations of a board that is $300 or less please let me know. :popcorn:

UP4.

If you dont want to spend over 300$ on a X79 board you are pretty much stock with these "lower end" one.

My question is, why X79 ?

UP4.

If you dont want to spend over 300$ on a X79 board you are pretty much stock with these "lower end" one.

My question is, why X79 ?

I am wanting to do 3D benching and join the benching team. I'm also tired of a 10 minute video taking 2 hours to render.... Also are they really Low end? I mean they seem to be good looking and good performing boards....

I am wanting to do 3D benching and join the benching team. I'm also tired of a 10 minute video taking 2 hours to render.... Also are they really Low end? I mean they seem to be good looking and good performing boards....

in the X79 line up, board under 300$ are kind of low end. Low end for X79 is still high end VS something else ... but low end vs other X79 ... They are the cheapest of the pack.

As for your 3d work and rendering, a 3930k surelly render faster and bench ( CPU oriented bench ) higher but thats about it. A 3770k or a 4770k could do 95% of what you will do whit the 3930k while saving nearly 300$ on the CPU and maybe 100$ on the board...

Asus X79 all the way.

Why not going 3770k + a good Z77 board ? or wait a little for haswell ?

In 3D benching, that CPU matters in 3DMark11 and Vantage, perhaps 06. Otherwise, its all GPU and clockspeed (to which a 3770K would be better). Id wait for Haswell before you go off this expensive cliff for essentially two 3D benchmarks.

Asus X79 all the way.

Why not going 3770k + a good Z77 board ? or wait a little for haswell ?

Because if I don't go X79 I'm going to just go with an AMD FX 6300 or 8350. I don't want to really do that so yeah... I guess I'll just get an MSi GD45 Plus...

Here is the other thing with X79, go big or go home with regards to benching there... A robust power delivery section, and keeping it cool, is a MUST when pushing high clocks. The better board power wise you get, the better chance you have to be around 5Ghz on ambient to bench.

Because if I don't go X79 I'm going to just go with an AMD FX 6300 or 8350. I don't want to really do that so yeah... I guess I'll just get an MSi GD45 Plus...

This phrase have ZERO sense...

Also read what ED just posted. He say pretty the same thing i'm saying. Go 3770k or just wait a little bit for a 4770k and Z87 board.

Okay well I'll just go with an AMD rig and save money and just get IBE at Christmas I was going to get a 3820 as a place holder until then... But I'm just going to get a 6300, UD5, 7950s, and Water Cooling....

Bingo, the only benchmark AMD wins is cpu-z when you have a lucky chip, expensive board, and ln2.

Id just get a haswell chip, no reason not to at this point.

Okay well I'll just go with an AMD rig and save money and just get IBE at Christmas I was going to get a 3820 as a place holder until then... But I'm just going to get a 6300, UD5, 7950s, and Water Cooling....

LOL, they do make a good place holder !

I'd scrap any thoughts of AMD and stick with Intel if you want to make your mark.

This kinda reminds me of choosing between Top Fuel and Pro Stock for the 1/4 mile.

If you buy NOW, get a good Z77 board and a 3770k. If you can wait a few weeks, get a 4770k and good Z87 board.

Thats it.

Okay well I just got my 590 and my God I've never seen a card so big. Now I can afford whatever I want. Ill wait for haswell... although I woukd still like 6 cores...

Back