• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stuck?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Midnight Dream

OSPF Loving Member
Ok, i've got my opty 165 to 289 HTT @ 1.5V (2.6GHz). I can push the voltage farther, but it seems that no matter what I do, I cant get 290+. Am I doing something wrong? LDT is at 3x, stock voltages on everything except VCore and DRAM (3.2). DRAM is stable at 2-3-2-8.

yea, I might be thinking of LDT. I will try increasing it some, see if that gives any better results. Should I also bump up the VCore, or just the chipset?

5x LDT/FSB multi, 6x CPU/FSB, and 133 Divider, I cant even get into windows at 295. However, with a 3x LDT multi, I can. I'm not sure if im misunderstanding the basis, but I know I have to keep my FSB under 1000. Am I missing something?

Wouldn't a 5x/LDT and 295 = 1475 HTT? That's why a 3x works. It's then well under 1k.

If you're at 295 it should be at 3, any higher will cause problems. Multiply the two together until you are below 1000.

yea, set it to 3x and I can do 310, but cant seem to go much higher then that. I should, under the same basis, be able to go up to around 333. Something is limiting me, but I dont know what. I have easily gotten this chip to 2600MHz, so its not that. The ram is on a pretty low divider, so I doubt it to be that. Thoughts?

Is running on a 100 divider a bad thing? I know that everything i've read says that the divider doesnt matter if you can get the CPU up, but 100 does seem kind of low

Last edited:
the only penalty by running the memory at the 100mhz setting is the lower bandwidth. There's no latency penalty from running the memory slower as there was with the Athlon XP line. To be honest, all memory speed is on a divider with Athlon64, there is no 1:1 unless your CPU and memory speed were identical.

Might be just the limit of your chip. What are the temps under dual prime?

One of my 165's has a sweet spot @ 1.5V 2.8 GHz. Totally stable. More just hurts even though temps are not an issue.

Back