• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stupid things that Computer Know-Nothings say.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
my mom is pretyty aggrivating... she dose know how to plug ina printer but she seems to forget every time it needs to be done.... then when i say " my mom cant even plug ina printer" in front of her she ALWAYS says " i just dont want to do it" and the worst part is its true:rolleyes:

LOL, whats DOS?! And she is a teacher?! HAHAHAHAHA!

I used DOS when I was 4 years old, in fact, I miss that 'Disc Operating System'. Windows 3.1 (or whatever it was called), came about, and I still used DOS (in combination with Windows). Now.. warp to present day

I know the most out of computers out of most of my friends. Theyre like "Whats DOS?" , Im just like "Uhhh... Disc Operating System" theyre like "Oh".

I say, everyone starts out with a IBM Tandy, then learns a 486, then after a long time on the 486, upgrades to a early Pentium (I didnt get a Pentium for a VERY LONG TIME, I used 486 for a long time). Then, they get a nice AMD :).

we get " my cupholder is broken" every once in a while

one time it is fabled we got a " my automatic ashtray is full how do i empty it"

he kept ashing into it and then putting it in then out and it was clear so he keep doing it i wasnt there for that so i cant garrentee its not a urban ledngend

This one has to be the best

I hate it when people come to me to say "My computer says that it's out of memory"

(me) "What sort of memory? Would that be RAM, or Hard Disc Space?"

(other person) "No.... Just memory."

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
Much better :D

Re: Re: stupid computer users

Located at http://rinkworks.com/stupid/cs_misc.shtml

During 12th grade, I read up a book called "Stupid Mac Tricks." One of the tricks in it was how to replace the Mac's startup screen. As a joke, I made a graphic of a black-bordered white box with a gray background. The text in the box read, "This computer will self-destruct in ten seconds. Thank you, Apple Computer Co." I made this the startup screen for a computer in my high school's computer lab.

The next day an "out of order" sign was taped to the monitor. The lab attendants usually wrote the reason on the bottom edge of the paper, so I leaned in to read what had been written there. It said, "Will self-destruct."

LMAO!!!

Our NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR at school would believe that!!!!

My teacher once taught the whole class that the slot on a slot 1 processor was for "the cache", and that the chipset was really the processor. I think I yelled at her for that one, It was just too stupid. Or my mom, I love her, and hate to say this, would unplug the cable modem after shutting off her computer (an AT computer none the less!). I asked her why she did it, she told me, "So people don't get in the back door". I told her there was no physical way that somebody could get into her computer (Especially because it was an AT computer), she stopped unplugging it.

My eyes, the googles do nothing!

Edit: oh, I got another one. I hate those wannabe know-it-alls that call my computer by "Hey, nice alienware case". It's an Antec you dumbass. Or a chieftec if you must, but not a damn anienware! Long live the 1030

I heard another bad one today...

Last month, i recieved an award from my congressman. Just today they ran a article in the crummy little community paper. One of the section highlighted my computer "achivements". Among other things...

"Neal earned an A+ on his computer technician exam"
(they were referring to the COMPTIA A+ exam :rolleyes: )

i wish i could say funnyer stuff... but beside my teacher wondering why she couldnt get hte NET on her computer (LAN cable was unplugged) my mom got tje Klez worm a while back... she saw a file DL pop up it was sometjoig liek "Iloveyou.bat
" and was about 1 or 2 KB... she dled it liek 10 TIMES!!! adn was trying to get me to give her headphones... when i looked at the file.. i was like... um.... mom that is NOT a sound file... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :bang head

I had a guy call up and say his mouse didn't work with AOL. Come to find out, he had installed his mouse inside his computer. I don't know how he did that or why he thought it was a good idea -- and I'm not so sure I want to.

- ROFL!! HAHAHAHA!

Timid Voice: "I just got your diskette today."
Tech Support: "How can I help you, honey?"
Timid Voice: "It won't fit my computer."
Tech Support: "What kind of computer do you have?"
Timid Voice: "A Talking Whiz Kid."

Last edited:
ROFLMFAO , Thats the funniest site ever!!!

Tech Support: "Well ma'am, there is nothing to be afraid of. It's for your computer."
Customer: "Well, I don't have a computer. The directions say 'install and run'. I'm too old to run."
Tech Support: "Ma'am, could you please hold?"

*LAUGHTER*

Tech Support: "Ma'am, I can assure you that you are ok."
Customer: "Ok. Should I call the police?"
Tech Support: "No, ma'am, just throw it away."
Customer: "Well, there is a silver thing that slides across, and it clicks. What is that?"
Tech Support: "It is safe to throw it away. It's for a computer, ok?"
Customer: "But is this a bomb?"
Tech Support: "No, ma'am, just throw it away."
Customer: "Now?"
Tech Support: "Yes, if you like."
Customer: "Son, you saved my life! Thank you, and have a nice day."

Last edited:
Customer: "You sent me this diskette. Are you gonna send me a computer so I can run this?"
Tech Support: "Excuse me?"

Customer: "I just got your software in the mail...when are you sending the computer?"
Tech Support: "You don't have a computer?"
Customer: "Nope. But I have the software -- just send me the computer, and you've got a new member."

ROFL!! HAHAHAHA! HAA HHH *chokes * HAHAHA

Tech Support through email:

Customer: "I CAN'T READ OR RECEIVE EMAIL! HELP!"
We're only allowed to reply through email, so I almost deleted it. But I reconsidered.
Tech Support: "Yes you can."

My friend called me up one night and asked me to help him with a problem he was having sending email.

Friend: "I can't send any email to you."
Me: "So what's the problem? Are you getting any error messages?"
Friend: "No, but everytime I try to go to your email it asks me for your password, and you never gave it to me!"
It turned out he was trying to get into my Hotmail account to send me an email.

Last edited:
Tech Support: "Ok, in the bottom left hand side of the screen, can you see the 'OK' button displayed?"
Customer: "Wow. How can you see my screen from there?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LMAO hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha....... DEEP BREATH ... hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Tech Support: "What type of computer do you have?"
Customer: "A white one."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tech Support: "Just call us back if there's a problem. We're open 24 hours."
Customer: "Is that Eastern time?"

Madcow, was that " AOL is the internet dumbass" or " AOL is the internet, dumbass"? I think the first one IS correct, If there is a "dumbass" of the 'net, it's AOL.

steve

Back