• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Subzero Video Card Preparation Videos

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

I.M.O.G.

Glorious Leader
I'm a n00b at this, and its my first time doing any method of GPU prep for subzero temps. So here's a few videos of a first-timer prepping video cards for liquid nitrogen. I created these videos as it can be a bit unnerving doing this for the first time, and actually seeing how someone else does it might help others follow suit. Each card lived through individual 5hr+ benching sessions, going through about 40L of Liquid Nitrogen.

I will be adding videos to this post as I am able.
  • This is a Gigabyte Radeon HD 5870 being insulated with vaseline:

*Pending - video over youtube 15 minute limit*
  • This is a Tek9 Fat extreme cooling container being mounted onto the prepped Radeon HD 5870:

*Pending - need to upload*
  • This is a HIS Radeon HD 4890 getting a first coat of Liquid Electrical Tape:

*Pending - video over youtube 15 minute limit*
  • This is a HIS Radeon HD 4890 getting a final coat of Liquid Electrical Tape:

• This is the HIS Radeon HD 4890 running under Liquid Nitrogen:

Last edited:
Love the music :)

This should be really useful to new guys. Possibly me if i can ever get some money and hardware worth doing this too.

Back