• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sudden shutoff after awaking from sleep mode

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kingfish999

Computer is Win 7 Ultimate 64bit and will go and stay in sleep mode perfectly. however after i awake from sleep mode, everything will work fine for about 30secs and then the computer will hard reboot. any ideas what i should do or look for?

Welcome to the forums!

Have you checked the PSU voltages? Do you get a blue screen before it reboots?

after just trying it again. it went to sleep mode normally without problems. computer looks completly off but 1 keystroke and its back up to exactly how it was. then 15 seconds later, it it suddenly shutoff. no bluescreen, no warning, nothing that would give me any hint to what causes it.

i dont think its my PSU cause its a way over the recommended for this computer and never gave me any problems before (900watt with 6 20A rails when all that i need is about 600watt). voltages look alright in BIOS

The wattage is a rating that companies can twist to suite them. There are a lot of bad units that can't put out anywhere near their "rating" and good units that can do that rating all the time or better. Listing the exact unit is far better than saying a "900w").

Check your voltages with a digital multimeter (DMM). The motherboard may be off. You may also want to check voltages while loading the system (Prime 95 + Furmark).

ABS Tagan BZ Series BZ900

well im pretty busy today, ill have to check the voltages when i can. I figuered that since the computer turns off in 15 secons but is completly powered up within 5, it shouldnt have that much power draw at 15 seconds to actually shutoff.

Last edited:
ABS Tagan BZ Series BZ900

well im pretty busy today, ill have to check the voltages when i can. I figuered that since the computer turns off in 15 secons but is completly powered up within 5, it shouldnt have that much power draw at 15 seconds to actually shutoff.

from newegg

Good looking unit with a ton of cable options.
Cons: Got the same issue many are having when paired with the X58 Mobo. I didn't have a problem until day 2 and upon researching I found many have the same power on issue (lights everything up for less than a second then shuts down). I called ABS and was told it's not their PSU and to contact Tagan. Tagan's phone number is garbage and you'd have better luck winning the lottery while being struck by a meteor then receiving an email response from

sounds like a junk psu...all show and no go.

im gonna bump this cause im still having this problem with a new PSU and its one of the reccommended PSUs from the sticky. it still does the same thing of it will turn on and everything will load find but in 15 secsonds, it will suddenly restart. I love sleep mode and hate it not working. New PSU, reinstalled OS, turned hybrid sleep on and off. nothing changes it but hibernation works fine. still would like to get this fixed. every time it fails, it messes up my RAID array and activated OC recovery mode in the bios

" found many have the same power on issue (lights everything up for less than a second then shuts down). I called ABS and was told it's not their PSU and to contact Tagan. Tagan's phone number is garbage and you'd have better luck winning the lottery while being struck by a meteor then receiving an email response from"
Thats intresting cause thats when my PSU dies that it did that. i didnt call them but i did email them and they sent me a helpful response the next day and its being RMAed for a newer better model right now. however this isnt the same problem as im having tho i expereinced it.

im gonna bump this cause im still having this problem with a new PSU and its one of the reccommended PSUs from the sticky. it still does the same thing of it will turn on and everything will load find but in 15 secsonds, it will suddenly restart. I love sleep mode and hate it not working. New PSU, reinstalled OS, turned hybrid sleep on and off. nothing changes it but hibernation works fine. still would like to get this fixed. every time it fails, it messes up my RAID array and activated OC recovery mode in the bios

" found many have the same power on issue (lights everything up for less than a second then shuts down). I called ABS and was told it's not their PSU and to contact Tagan. Tagan's phone number is garbage and you'd have better luck winning the lottery while being struck by a meteor then receiving an email response from"
Thats intresting cause thats when my PSU dies that it did that. i didnt call them but i did email them and they sent me a helpful response the next day and its being RMAed for a newer better model right now. however this isnt the same problem as im having tho i expereinced it.

Do you have "Sleep" mode coordinated in your BIOS and Windows? I had the same issue but I didn't have "Sleep"coordinated in my BIOS and Windows. It even reset my BIOS to default so that I had to reset CMOS.

It would work a few times then finally it all shut off to a cold boot. I know my PS voltages were (are) good.

it has a settings to allow S1 or S3 or both. i have it set at both. ive explorerd the bios alot and thats the only setting i can remeber having anthing close. in windows the onlt thing i can find is "hybrid sleep mode" thing with ive tried both on and off with no effect

Back