• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Suggestions!!!!! IC7-Max3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ice-ninja

Registered
Hi fellow OverClockers,
I`m thinking about upgrading to a new MOBO >>>the MAX 3.
Gust need to know if I`m gonna run into N/B heatsink falling off or any other problems.
Your advice appreciated
Thanks Ice-Ninja

The Max 3 is a decent mobo. But, there is some problems if you try using vdimm above 2.8v. The Abit AI7 is worth taking a look at too.

The problem with the max3 is that people have had fluctuations in the Vdimm between 2.9-3.1 volts. Abit has corrected this problem by removing a capacitor on the mobo and hopefully all the new max3 will have the fix. The other problem that probably wont be corrected unless you mod it yourself, is that vtt doesn't track correctly and is low if you use any voltage for Vdimm over 2.8.

Dont get me wrong. This is a great board. Fast and with a many features as you're going to find. While the Vdimm issue is less than idea, its still does pretty well. Nothing wrong with memory thats rated for DDR 433 running at DDR 494. I use the 3.2 Vdimm despite the vtt tracking problem

Back