• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sunday Fun (56k warning)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pf.Farnsworth

My antics on XS
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=98124

--------------------
It was a lazy sunday, was working on my chiller in the garage. But you wont see pictures of that, its a super duper secret. Friend came by, I had one of my compressor test beds sitting around (aka trash chillers) and he just got his new pump for his new chiller so we threw it on for fun. Some things got a little out of hand but all in the name of fun. Enjoy.

23dk1.jpg

17qh.jpg

39ob2.jpg

43zl.jpg

53lz.jpg

68jt.jpg

70rq.jpg

--------------------

Last edited:
This rotary is pretty hot, 250F + hot. It vaporized and boiled off chunks of ice in seconds. Cant really touch with bare hands but with a wet napkin you can, it cooks it pretty fast.

86en.jpg

It was hot enough to fry eggs on, but I already had breakfast so I fried some bananas.

92ge.jpg

Cooking aftermath

107tt.jpg

115ci1.jpg

Well the water + vodka mix started to frezze up so most of it was syphoned out and RV antifreze/water mix was added.

123hb.jpg

138at.jpg

145lw.jpg

154xm.jpg

Haha, no nothing was vented and thats NOT me... friend, he can be scarry at times. I just thought thats a funny caption.

163tj.jpg

R134a fun. Filled the waterblock full of r134a, it got pretty frosty. The liquid cooled of too and stopped boiling, flashed now and then to cool of and settled down. Kept the block cold for a long time.

179iv.jpg

185cs.jpg

196sa.jpg

In the midst of all the fun, spraying just about everything down with the canned 134a my... erm, pants got a bit frosty...

201je.jpg

And this was a while ago but also more playing around. I have no serious builds documented or present at my location anymore but I have a few comming so I'll post those.
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=94172

--------------------
For friends and public entertainment and amusement wiped up a trashy chiller very fast. Some nice pictures with antifreze colored water crystalizing.

16hw1.jpg

23vh.jpg

30aa.jpg

48qd.jpg

51na.jpg

65hx.jpg

71fd.jpg

80fm.jpg

Hay.. he's a animal luver.. check out the bunny in the sigy..

Ok.. you build.. We need some work logs in here! :D
Makeum pretty :) and plenty frosty of corse :attn:

greenmaji said:
Hay.. he's a animal luver.. check out the bunny in the sigy..

Ok.. you build.. We need some work logs in here! :D
Makeum pretty :) and plenty frosty of corse :attn:

Dont care much for animals, just my cat.

By the way that was one frosty beer a few pictures up.

Pf.Farnsworth said:
By the way that was one frosty beer a few pictures up.

I noticed that.. I like my hinnies cold but I think you went just a little too far, I dont think I could get it to pour out after that :beer:

side note.. your pictures are hugemungus, its taking me 45 seconds to load this thread, on cable ;) (yea, Im not going to be able to wait till Q1/2 07, Im going to have to build sooner ;) )

It should have said (56K killer/broadband warning)
Or the .jpg's could be reduced to somthing less then 160 KB each.. :)

if you really want to see my slopy work you can wait 40 sec... To much trouble compressing them, its anoying to resize and host that many as it is :)

Plus you have to see my mess in all its hi-rez glory :santa:

PS:

God damnit, got nicked for swearing. I just copied an pasted from XS so it bypased the filter or something. Great.........

XS doesn't care so much..

All you would have had to do was misspell it a bit for the filter to miss it.

And yes I see your mess in all its hig rez glory :rolleyes: :p

photobucket was the pain to work with last time I checked, imageshack is pretty simple.
but if reworking the photo's is too much of a pain I can understand.

It IS a tasty popsicle, thats a water/glycol baised coolant, very sweet and sticky.

Pf.Farnsworth said:
It IS a tasty popsicle, thats a water/glycol baised coolant, very sweet and sticky.

If you don't mind poison in your popsicles.

I am sure its non-drinkable but dont know anything in it that would be bad for you, water, glycol, coloring? what elese do they put in the damn thing?

Back