• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Super Flower PSUs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trents

Has anyone had experience with this brand's products? I see they seem to be featured in New Egg's email promos these days. Is this the new boy on the block preferred gamer go to like EVGA used to be?

Super Flower used to be the OEM for EVGA PSUs. Like any other PSU manufacturer or seller, there will be a range of quality between high end and low end.

They've been around before EVGA's PSUs... fo sho.

As was said, they are an OEM and they sell under their own brand. Typically, they are high quality units, but again as was said already, there is a range of quality.

god last time i had a SuperFlower, i thought i got a deal on it. i cant recall what it was, it was the top NV card. It killed that power supply, start a game, shutdown. after the second shut down you could smell burning. this was all back around 2003/2004.

I remember an OCZ power supply go poof on me. I think I had an ATi card at the time. I couldn't afford an NV card so ATi was the cheaper version.

I remember an OCZ power supply go poof on me. I think I had an ATi card at the time. I couldn't afford an NV card so ATi was the cheaper version.
Similar experience here - an OCZ 1200w supply was one of the two, maybe three supplies I had die on me over the years. To its credit though, it "failed gracefully" - didn't take anything else with it.

On the other side, actually did run a Super Flower PSU for a few years across the pond, didn't give me any issues. Only reason I swapped it out was it was 240v only.

Back