• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Swiftech MCW50-T... owners take caution

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vedder323

http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/swifmcgpuliq1.html

I have had this guy on my 9700pro for about 6months. I recently took it out and pit my new 9800 in there. As I pulled off the gasket on the top of the card "back-side" I noticed there was either "condensation buildup" or a cap was leaking. Strangley, the card works as good as new. I have some Radio shack electronics cleaner and it seemed to clean it up real nice.

Anyone else have this prob and if so... what do you suggest? I thought of using liquid electric tape...

Konformal spray, coat the whole card being sure to cover the contacts that fit into the agp, and any jumpers. even if condensation does form it won't hurt your board, and the spray won't either.

I wouldn't trust electrical tape for crap when it comes to water prevention. The Koformal spray is a whole 16 bucks, there are plenty of how tos on using it amongst the oc sites. Konformal is the only way to go when you are taliking condensation protection, now prevention is another matter, and you may have aprob with your cooler.

hm thnx for the advice im going to get some of that spray, just to be on the safe side!

Back