• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

swiftech pwm splitter for up to 8 fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wagex

Chapstick Eating Premium Member
looks pretty sweet!
edit: added quote
We generally recommend to use the “CPU_Fan” connector of the motherboard, because most motherboard manufacturers usually allow a greater range of adjustments on this particular connector. PWM capable connectors must necessarily be 4-pin, but not all 4-pin motherboard connectors implement or enable the PWM signal modulation by default. Please carefully consult your motherboard documentation in this respect.
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/sw8waypwmsp8.html

Last edited:
yes, you are missing something...it will use the cpu's pwm signal to speed control all the fans.

Last edited:
yes, you are missing something...it will use the cpu's pwm signal to speed control all the fans.

yes yes yes i know that haha. Im just surprised there is no problem powering 8 fans with a single molex.

ohhh lol yea for the most part its fine unless your running 8 5k screamers :D

yea but that one doesnt have any kind of fan control :\

Let me tear this apart:

In addition to the fan hub, the NZXT Grid also includes one 200mm Molex to 3-pin power adapter, (Running a lot of 3 pin voltage controlled fans with a 3 pin skinny wire input off a molex? Can you say melt?) one 200mm 3-pin female to female adapter and two 200mm 3-pin male to female extensions. With a matte-black finish, white LED indicator lights and matching fan extension cables, the NZXT Grid ensures the inside of your case looks just as good as the outside. The NZXT Grid will be available soon with an MSRP of $11.99.

It's for 3 fin non PWM. You can adjust the incoming voltage to make all fans at the same voltage input though.

Molex connectors are rated for 11 amps.
I don't think I'd trust one for >9a, but that's still a ton of fans if they aren't benching type fans.

The Grid looks like it uses awfully thin wire, I'd hold that to maybe 2a-34.
I've had one of those basic 3p fan connectors burn up when subjected to 4.5a.

EDIT:
I don't see any indication of the wire gauge Swiftech is using, it may be equally wimpy.

They should both send 'em to me for (potentially) destructive testing :D

Great... now if someone would stock them I can get one. :bang head

What I did was subscribe to all the vendors the had it listed out of stock and they all sent me emails when they had it available. At that time it was Performance-PCs the first one to call and I immediately placed my order :)

What I did was subscribe to all the vendors the had it listed out of stock and they all sent me emails when they had it available. At that time it was Performance-PCs the first one to call and I immediately placed my order :)

I did that too. I thought I signed Performance-PCs as well. Going to check if they have stock now...

EDIT: Don't see where I can sign up for it on their site. I know I atleast signed up on Swiftech.com and one other. Might've been FrozenCPU.

Back