• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SysFader

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rastion Signe

Having trouble with an app called sysfader, It seems to be keeping me out of certain programs, I believe it is the app keeping me from viewing User Accounts in the control panel. :temper: I tried searching my comp for it, but alas I could not find it. Googled it but havent found a great answer yet. I was wondering if anyone else has had any problems with this? The reason I found it was because I was monitoring my task manager for something like this, and was trying to open progs that werent working, and suddenly sysfader popped up then dissapeared, I know that can't be safe ;) below is a picture of my task manager.... with sysfader appearing, for about 2 seconds.

Attachments

• sysfader.PNG
    sysfader.PNG
    3.8 KB · Views: 172
I was searching on the net and found someone who said it was the Win32.Parite virus, unfortunately the free AVG virus scanner by Grisoft isn't finding anything. Anyone know how I could remoive it. Fresh install of windows would be a last resort kind of thing. Thanks!

Well, i got no clue what sysfader is exactly but try doing this. First off go to Start, the find, and put in sysfader.exe. Let it search for it, and if it came up with anything, such as the sysfader.exe you might be able to pin point where it is exactly at. Go to Start> Run> type msconfig and go to the startup tab and see if there is something dealing with sysfader in there, if not close that box but keep your find window up. Now open your proccess box by doing the alt ctrl delete and click on sysfader, and hit end task. If it closes correctly and doesnt come back up, delete sysfader.exe. If this dont work i dont know what to tell you, but this is how i got rid of that pesky msblaster.exe virus :D

iv'e been googling and looking around to find out what this is but it's like unkown...don't know if it's a file or if it's a trojan or what it's just scary because iv'e seen that people cannot git rid of it it's just scary for some odd reason now that i see what it does and how it just stay there watching you lol ok i think you get the point

It is really scary, and thats why I want it to go bye bye....all the links above I went too already. I cant find it with the windows search, and I do not see it in msconfig. Im really fresh outta ideas.... would it be possible to make or download a tool to monitor all active process's and pinpoint where each of them is located? I might be able to find it this way. I wonder how many other people have this "virus" and aren't aware of it? I also want to know how I got it in the first place. Im thinking fresh install sometime soon, but I really want to learn how to beat this one so I can help anyone out in the future. Any more ideas are greatly welcome, I'll try just about anything to beat this damned thing! Thanks...

Have you searched the registry for it? Try searching for the Runonce or Run folders in your registry to see if the process is starting up there.

Can't find the runonce, at least not the one I think you meant. I couldn't find sysfader in the registry either, I did a search within it and it came up with nothing. :bang head

I saw somewhere that this is what controls the fading of your menu items, part of windows. I will try searching for it again.

Could be that another program is calling on the process and initiating it. Have you installed anything new recently, I saw a few people that had this problem with a version of Zonealarm.

Another thing that may be helpful, is to search the hard drive for the file and see where it is located. The directory path may or may not be helpful.

Also, have you checked the system log files to see if perhaps there is something showing up in there?

I have searched the HD a couple times, and I don't remember installing anything that would be acting up like this, where would I find the system log? Thanks for the help :)

Control Panel - Administrative tools - Event Viewer

Contained within are your three separate logs - application, security and system

You can also try wintools.net Startup Manager. I can't tell you if the download is crippled or not, but you can download the software and run it and possibly fix a thing or two before mandatory registration.

Thats what I was finding was that it was the Win32.Parite virus, perhaps there is more info on that, I started researching it and I will finish looking and keep you all posted. So JesterVA what should I be looking for in the logs? and what is the wintools.net going to do? I've never really heard or used either :p Btw, not sure if this is because of the Parite virus but AVG died, and I had to reinstall it, said it had a corrupted file, and earlier it said it was missing a CORE file, anyone else had trouble with that?

let me ask a question as I have been researching this now for going on 4 hours. Have you ever had any prog. Hijack your browser and reset your homepage to CoolWebSearch?? CoolWebSearch is a very nasty spyware/adware/browser Jack that is very hard to remove from what I read.......not so much hard to remove but the process is relatively detailed. You can check out the link at the bottom of this post and see if any of discussion is relevant to your situation. It seems to be a common theme among all the articles I've read. Good Luck!!

http://forums.thetechguys.com/showthread.php?t=5023&page=1&pp=15

p.s.
I searched Google with "SysFader + adware" on the search line. I hope you get problem squared away.

Cheers!!

Ive had CWS and I have also killed that cursed thing, I am positive I do not have it anymore. Unless it is somehow hiding from 3 different spyware apps :). Thanks for the help!

From some of the different articles I've read, it would seem as though there are different variants of it, and not all of your spyware software is going to find all of them. If your positive that that is not what it is, then I would be out of other options. Sorry.

I'm almost 99.9% sure I do not have it, of course there is always room for doubt. I've never really took a second look at CWS and its symptoms, so I could be experiencing CWS. What should I be looking for? Since none of my spyware apps are picking anything up? I did the normal mode scan with the Parite Virus removal software and it came up with nothing, and I'm going to do a safe mode trial when I get home from school today.

Back