• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

System Cable & Fan Wraps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

.:PTB73:.

Registered
Hello All,

Just a quick question for everyone.

What do you think of the idea of me making these & selling them.. is this something you would want to "dress" your system up?

These "wraps" can be made from quite a few different materials, colors & in semi-custom sizes.

Please leave any feedback you may have!

Thanks, Phil B.

.:pTB73:. Just my .02, I like the looks of them but I imagine the labor involved in making them vs what people would be willing to pay for them, may make it a difficult project for you to be profitable with.

^ Agree.

The question I would also ask is what about flaking of the material? Don't know if it's leather, "pleather", etc.

Some of the places you have shown them will get warmer than other areas on the case.

Thank You for the feedback.

Mandrake4565, Blaylock,
I be leave that they can be made fairly cheap.. they would only be a few bucks each, the hand stitched would, of course, cost more!

JrClocker,
All of the materials would be high quality, either leather or Marine-Auto-Grade Vinyl (specs below) & would be quite tough.

Marine Vinyl Material Specs:
Abrasion: 20,000 cycles.
Cold crack: -10°.
Flammability: MVSS 302, CAL 117 E, UV Stabilized.
Mildew Resistant.

I'm going to be making some samples in the next few week to show what they will or can look like.
They can also have custom logos/names embroidered into them.
Possible materials:
Marine-Auto Grade Vinyl: Faux Leather, Carbon Fiber Print, Snake Skin Print etc.
Genuine Leather: 4-7 oz leather.
Alcantara type Leathers.

Thoughts?
Later, Phil B.

Attachments

• Fan_Cable_Wrap_Mats_001.jpg
    Fan_Cable_Wrap_Mats_001.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
I think all the options should be offered. I like the look of carbon fiber cloth too. I know they make a vinyl for that too.

Back