• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

System Not Booting (ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB 3)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

djh101

Registered
When I turn the system on, it starts running, all the fans go on, then after a few seconds the red LED next to the Mem OK! button goes on and the system shuts off. The only way I've been able to make it stay on is byu unplugging the 8-pin power plug, but then it doesn't boot at all. I have a Thermaltake 500w power supply and 2 x 2GB Corsair 1600 (CMX4GX3M2A16009(XMP)) in the blu slots. Suggestions anyone?

I think the black slots are the primary slots... Read the manual to confirm.

If thats not it, try one stick at a time in those same black slot.

Manual says to use blue slots for maximum overclocking capabilities. I'll try black, though. I didn't have this problem with my last computer, the only difference is that I'm using 1600 memory now vs 1333 in the other one and a different PSU.

I've tried one at a time, I've tried none. I think I'm going to go get the 1333 memory out of my sister's computer and see if that works. If that doesn't work, I'll try her PSU, and if that doesn't work, then I don't know :/.

Is your bios set to stock speeds and voltages for the CPU and the ram?

1333 doesn't work. My BIOS isn't set at all. I just assembled the computer.

I want to believe it's the PSU, I'm going to try to get the PSU from my sister's computer if she lets me and hopefully that will work.

Wow, easy fix. Well, I haven't fixed the problem yet, but I know what it is. I unplugged all the front-of-case plugs and plugged in the reset button in Power SW. I guess my power button is stuck or something, so when I turn on the power everything goes on automatically and then shuts off in a few seconds.

Back