• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

T32 EOC WIR 16 Jun 17: The Trials of Don (Title is a work in progress.)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
Forum Spotlight:
There are some interesting threads from our folding brothers. On a happy note, Silver Pharaoh has had to shut down due to finding true love.
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/782636-Shutting-it-down-For-now

On a sadder note, Bluefalcon13 has learned that true love doesn’t always last forever.
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/782673-Shutting-down-production-as-well

Finally, some teammates just whine all the time.
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/782776-I-m-ok

We are happy that you guys are comfortable to share your ups and downs with us. This is the rl in Real Life that sometimes change our ability to participate in the fold. It happens to all of us. Happy or sad, life outside of folding happens and that is a good thing. Keep up the fold but more important, live life.

Team Conquest List:
[oldtable] Overclock.net| 2 years|up from 1.2 years
[H]ardOCP | 1.1 years|up from 11.9 months
Hardware.no |11.4 months |up from 6.6 months. [/table]
(Lower is better)

Team Threat List:
None. There are no threats because we Rock and/or Roll! (Simpson’s reference)
(Higher is better)

Active folders and ranking:
[oldtable]|Active Folders|Ranking|Ave PPD
This week|102 |23rd |719k
Last week|104|23rd|771k
[/table]

Top 20 PPD:
[oldtable]1| Macaholic | 12.3 million
2|HayesK | 11.1 million
3|RamonetB | 10.2 million
4|RoXQi3x | 7 million
5|Torin3 | 4.8 million
6 |WhitehawkEQ |4.7 million
7|JrClocker | 3.6 million
8|Frazier08 | 2.9 million
9|P4EE | 2.4 million
10|orion456 | 2.1 million
11|don256us | 1 million
12|AnubisOne | 1 million
13|ConundrumLR| 1 million
14|gabi Golan
15 |Jaymz9350
16|SubPar1
17|wjruth
18|ProteinPete
19|CADDI DADDI
20|Soulcatcher [/table]

Top 10 averages: 6.11 million down from 6.51 million
Top 20 averages (including top 10): 3.43 million down from 3.68 million
(Higher is better)

Our current drop in ppd is not alarming nor is it unexpected. Keep on keepin’ on.

Individual Milestones:
(Note: The word “earned” is used here because each member has worked hard for these points and the word is meant to show the hard work done to “earn” these points. Thank you to all.)
Frazier08 just earned 200 million.
wjruth will earn 200 million in 1.5 days.
Robert17 will earn 200 million in 3 days.
JLK03F150 Just earned his first 100 million! WOOT!

Soulcatcher will earn 90 million in 19.2 hours.
CADDI DADDI just earned 70 million.
Hack30 will earn 50 million in 2.6 days.
GregB just earned 30 million.
SBschmit just earned 30 million.
JLF12345 just earned 20 million.
Is 907 will earn 7 million in 24 hours.
]-[itman will earn 6 million in 1.2 days.
Robert14 just earned 4 million and will earn 5 million in 2.6 days.
Zylith will earn 4 million in 2 days.
ISUuNFers will earn 3 million in 2 days.

Team Top 100 or (Page 1):
Moving up 5 spots each:
Frazier08

Moving up 3 spots each:
CADDI DADDI
Hack30

Moving up 2 spots each:
AnubisOne
JLK03F150

Moving up 1 spot each:
ConundrumLR
unsafesteagle
wjruth
ProteinPete
Soulcatcher

World Top 100:
[oldtable]HayesK |#7 |
Macaholic |#18|
RoXQi3x | #19 |
RamonetB | #25 |Moving up 1 spot.|
P4EE | #33|Moving up 1 spot.|
orion456 | #37 |
Torin3 | #51|
hardass | #100|[/table]

Congratulations to everyone on their hard work and earned goals.

As usual, any errors or omissions should be reported to WhitehawkEQ who will gladly pass them on to me.

Until next week
Build, Borg, Recruit. :comp:

Thanks Don. I've got a mess going on here. The client on Unit 2 (r9 290X) crashed. I uninstalled (including data), reinstalled, nada. Something else is going on which is a larger problem to me. I spent three hours on the phone last week with an MS help desk guy from India trying to fix a missing DLL file related to MS Outlook. I keep my calendar and mileage on it. I should say used to. I lost all my data, emails, calendar, all Outlook data. Bummer. Creating a WinTen creator's USB as I type. I may have to reload WinTen as it fails to repair. I have a backup, thankfully and restored a lot of info. But there is a paradigm shift going on with my business use of software involving MS. Vetted 5 email clients over the last two weeks. Went out of town last couple of days. Hope to have 290X production back up soon.

World Top 200
WhitehawkEQ|#115|was 118
JrClocker|#146|was 150
Don256us|#162|no change
OC3d|#189|was 182

yeah im looking at temps on the 9370 piledriver 20 minutes in prime 95.
not folding the cpu though.
now looking r9 290 bios flash.
latest amd driver.

It was a graphics driver issue, at least from a folding standpoint. The R9 is back in business.:D

Almost any time my GPU's slow down or crash, it's the driver, and it only happens if the power goes out or even a shutdown on some of my PC's with Win 10.
Now can anyone tell me why it dose this in Win 10? I never had this problem with XP before XP was kicked by the way side for GPU folding.
BTW I use the Services hack to disable updates in Win 10 so it's not Win 10 updating the drivers that is messing up my folding.

It was a graphics driver issue, at least from a folding standpoint. The R9 is back in business.:D

I have an available r9 290 bios flash from 15.039 to 15.041 or similar scheming.
Just created msdos usb boot disk.

Im showing my r9's not in the flash to r9 290x list.

Robert your having better luck with the r9's and drivers?

I loaded up the 17.6.2 drivers and they are running fine. It seems that the R9 is being treated as a new user instead of tagging along with my user name & team. CPU + GPU is estimating around 56k PPD/day.

@ unsafesteagle It seems I flashed the BIOS on the R9 a couple of years ago, but that may be worth looking into again, thanks.

hopefully I can get back to 1mil+ soon. my 1070 is down during basement renovations as I had to pull it's internet line to put in its new home

I managed to Moron-Up the F@H setup on the R9 and just figured out why my client reported such low PPD -> somehow I managed to not save the user configuration with name, team, & key. Duh. Fixed now. Rats, lost a weekend of folding to Anonymous.

AC condenser started smoking last night so I had to shut off central AC and I powered down the PC once the room hit 85°. I'm hoping it's a cheap fix, but I'll be folding again soon.

AC condenser started smoking last night so I had to shut off central AC and I powered down the PC once the room hit 85°. I'm hoping it's a cheap fix, but I'll be folding again soon.

With my house AC set to 78 F, the typical temperature in my office (with all my PCs) is 86 F.

With my house AC set to 78 F, the typical temperature in my office (with all my PCs) is 86 F.

I think that that's the temperature to make an elephants foot in a nuclear power plant. I could be wrong. Look it up.

I'm from the northeast - I don't like hot and my main rig is in the corner of the living room. Fans at 75% or less and "people" don't complain about the noise.

It's ok, I got the AC fixed last night. It was the capacitor and a busted supply line from over pressurization. I am back folding with the 1070, hoping to add other cards to the mix soon.

My wife bought a table fan for my office to shove some of the heat into the hallway which of course is the location of the thermostat. Not that it needs encouragement to run the AC in the Texas late spring; we're already in the 90's daily and if this summer is normal we'll see a few weeks of 100's. Perhaps I should run a direct power line to the Glen Rose nuclear reactor?

Kinda humorous: years ago we had a swimming pool and would get out of it, visit with friends on the patio, and actually get chill goose bumps in 98 degree temps.

Back