• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Shutting it down.... For now.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silver_Pharaoh

Likes the big ones n00b Member
Hi everyone!

Some may have noticed that I haven't been around posting much over the past few months, but the folding hasn't stopped.
I'm good and well, but life gets busy when you find someone you love :)

So that said, I'm moving in with her, which means no folding for a while. The folding server I have at my parents place is shutting down as well to save on their electricity bill since I'm not paying them rent anymore. I hope to bring the server online again some day with new Nvidia GPU's, but I don't have a timeline on that.
I'm hoping to bring my 780 online when I have my computer on, but I won't be folding 24/7 like I have been for the past year or so.

It sucks to put folding on hold, but it's definitely not on hold forever. :)

So, Subpar.... Looks like I have to surrender the fight to chase you, for now. :D
I will return to the fold with new gear so watch out for that! :thup:

Cheers everyone :cheers:

Exciting times, congratulations. But don't forget, folding can be a couples activity ;) Just build her a computer and then convince her to leave it on :thup:

I have a feeling you will be back and stronger than ever my friend! Enjoy life and keep her happy, ive heard that's the secret to a happy life ��
Fold on, er, fold later!

Thanks guys :) It's a new chapter in my life and I'm very excited :) I will return to folding stronger that's for sure! :thup:

You choose Love over Folding?! Really?!

No worries. Do what you're gonna do and we will be here when you return.

Congrats on the new life event.

Let's see how the new 1080 does on a few WU's shall we? :thup: :burn:

They do pretty good but I found mine did better you you set the fan speed @ 80% =) but it is kind of annoying @ that speed . If it was in my living room vs my basement I would leave it on auto and have it run slower with less ppd because I can tell you @ 85% you can for sure hear it . =)

They do pretty good but I found mine did better you you set the fan speed @ 80% =) but it is kind of annoying @ that speed . If it was in my living room vs my basement I would leave it on auto and have it run slower with less ppd because I can tell you @ 85% you can for sure hear it . =)
Mine stays nice and cool around 60C at I think 40% fan?
No OC on it though....

Also lots of this in the log:
19:49:51:WARNING:FS01:Size of positions 394 does not match topology 39119:50:33:WARNING:FS01:Size of positions 394 does not match topology 391
19:51:16:WARNING:FS01:Size of positions 394 does not match topology 391
19:51:59:WARNING:FS01:Size of positions 394 does not match topology 391

????

Here's what it was saying last night for points :)
Capture.PNG

Back