• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Folding@home race (Jan 24 - 31)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[H]pututu

Registered
[H]ard|OCP is organizing a folding at home race for a week starting from Jan 24th to Jan31st. Wondering if your team would like to participate. See [H] forum here and in TAAT forum here. Just friendly team race to commemorate the ending of BigAdv (It is a sad history for cpu folding back then. BigAdv ended on Jan 31st, so this race will end on that day, lol. I know gpu dominates but we just pick a random reason to run the race on that period). It started off as a race between TAAT and [H] but this year we decided to see if any team wants to join in. Let me know here or reply in [H]ard|OCP forum.

Some of us in [H] do not fold 24/7/365 but have interest to run for a short period, hence every year we try to make this race happen and have fun while it still cold in the northern hemisphere.

So far we have EVGA, TAAT and ExtremeHW. Link to evga forum on this race.

Anyway, it's all fun and for science, like they always said. It's a 7-day race, once a year. Hopefully not too taxing. Most important try to get as many folders on board for this "short" race.

Fun fact: overclockers.com registered as team #32 and [H]ard|OCP as team #33 in folding@home.

This short video from EOC really summarizes the progression of various teams over the years. We struggle after the ending of bigadv while you guys are showing strength ;)

@dfonda ,
go-ahead-make-my-day-dirty-harry.gif

Are we in? I have what I have, but I'm willing to run it flat out for the competition.
The "Don" has to decide this one I think the biggest recruits being if holdold is in and Hayes k... But it's a lot of work to switch over if we have to switch over I haven't even looked at the contest rules so..

The "Don" has to decide this one I think the biggest recruits being if holdold is in and Hayes k... But it's a lot of work to switch over if we have to switch over I haven't even looked at the contest rules so..
Oh, I am SO in. Time to kick some bootay :rofl:
Post magically merged:

Are we interested in smoking these guys ?? :ROFLMAO:
Smokin, pokin, and just plain jokin. Saddle up boys, we ride :clap: :attn:

Last edited:
I asked [H] about providing a trophy to the winning team. We used to win the rights to the Monkey Paw avatar....back in the day. Maybe they could give us Trophy Avatar that only we could display after we thrash them. :beer:

In case it's not obvious, I LOVE stuff like this. A friendly competition amongst folders. A chance for a team to 'carry the trophy' as it were. Prime Grid does something similar. Every Feb, they have a contest to see finds the most primes. Why? cause 2 is the only even prime on the line. Really nerdy fun, but at the end of the day a lot of work is done and we all have some fun. So hyped hehe.

Plan to bring a retired veteran from the 2013 CC (old post). Most likely host F41-P5QPRO-Q9550, which is no longer able to fold with 2x 9600GSO-384 and XP64, but should be OK with Ubuntu and 2x Maxwell 750Ti or possibly a 970 + 750Ti. Alternate would be one of the X58 hosts. Sadly, my old flagship, F01-KT7A-Raid-XP2100, is no longer supported either.

I asked [H] about providing a trophy to the winning team. We used to win the rights to the Monkey Paw avatar....back in the day. Maybe they could give us Trophy Avatar that only we could display after we thrash them. :beer:
Haha, I just wondered over to the thread. Funny, you got asked if you were sure we'd win. I had to answer :rofl:

So, it seems they are waiting for our 'official' entry. Looks like somebody qualified to speak for the team is gonna have to 'officially' tell them we're about to bonk their bobbin lol

Just to let you all know there are now 5 teams officially confirmed in the 5th BigAdv EOL race. Sorted in descending order based on the current 24hrs average output per EOC stat.
  1. TAAT
  2. overclockers.com
  3. folding@evga
  4. ExtremeHW
  5. [H]ardOCP
Start recruiting new and past folders and see if any team can break their team monthly/weekly/daily output record per EOC stat during the race.

Here is the count down timer for the race. Less than 10 days to go!!!

"Like a thousand other commanders on a thousand other battlefields, I wait for the dawn"

My fleet is running flank speed. The ships that were slated for build this spring got moved up and built this week. Locked and loaded, ready to fight the good fight.
Post magically merged:

I just realized our location is a hyper link. More so it apparently understands urban legend as there is no such place as Manch-Vegas lol. Sorry, i know it's off-topic but after working late into the night making sure the fleet was ready for battle I'm a bit..off. More than usual perhaps :ROFLMAO:

I'll be back from MC with additional soldiers by noon tomorrow...Not sure if it's about the "Race" or just passing our friend "Hawk... :comp: :cheers:

Hope to get my first Gaming laptop as well, so I can play and fah.

and depending on how the 4080 Supers perform when they come out next week might return tomorrow's swag...:unsure:

RACE HAS STARTED!!!

Official team result will be posted here but you can copy or make your own individual or team stat.

Good luck to everyone participating in this race for a good cause.

Back